Sunrise Senior Living
|Founded||1981; Arlington, VA|
|Founder||Paul and Terry Klaassen|
|Headquarters||McLean, Virginia, United States of America|
Number of locations
|Services||Independent living, assisted living, memory care, nursing, rehabilitative services|
Sunrise Senior Living is an American operator of assisted living and other houses for senior citizens. As of 2015 it operates over 300 assisted living facilities throughout the United States, Canada and the United Kingdom., making it the fifth largest senior living provider in the U.S.
Sunrise offers senior living services including independent living, assisted living, care for individuals with Alzheimer's disease and other forms of memory loss, as well as nursing and rehabilitative services.
In August 2014, Sunrise Senior Living purchased the management company of Gracewell Healthcare, a residential care home company in the United Kingdom owned by Health Care REIT, Inc. (HCN). Sunrise will manage 15 care homes throughout England under the Gracewell brand in addition to the current 27 communities throughout the United Kingdom under the Sunrise brand.
- Ghose, Carrie (28 April 2015). "Long-delayed Dublin assisted living center opening in August". Columbus Business First. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "2014 Largest Senior Living Providers". alfa.org. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- Heath, Thomas (22 August 2012). "Sunrise Senior Living sold to health-care company for $845 million". The Washington Post. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- "Sunrise Senior Living LLC". Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- Leiberman, Brett (30 October 2008). "Paul Klaassen looks back on his 27-year reign as CEO". Virginia Business. Retrieved 13 May 2015.
- "Bloomberg Business Profile". Bloomberg LP. Retrieved 30 April 2015.
- Bowers, Lois A. (14 August 2014). "Sunrise Senior Living to manage Health Care REIT properties in UK". LTL Magazine. Retrieved 13 May 2015.