February 19, 1972
Sikeston, Missouri, U.S.
|Height||5 ft 8 in (1.73 m)|
|Weight||114 lb (52 kg; 8.1 st)|
Zack Thomas (? - 1993; div.)|
Kent Wallace (? - ?; div.)
Robert Martin (?)
Sunset Thomas (born Diane Fowler on February 19, 1972) is the stage name of an artist and former American pornographic actress. Her given name is Diane Thomas. She was runner-up for Penthouse Pet of the Year in 1998 and is a member of the Adult Video News Hall of Fame. Guardian writer Andrew Anthony described her as "a pencil-thin woman with heavily enlarged breasts".
Thomas was born in Sikeston, Missouri as one of 11 siblings. She moved around often in her youth with her family, living in various states including Virginia, Georgia, Texas, and Tennessee. She spent her teenage years in Daytona Beach, Florida. In Florida she became something of a wild child, sacrificing school and books for sunning and bikinis on the Florida beaches. She lost her virginity at age 15 when she was raped and had her first sexual encounter with a girl (who was her roommate) at age 17.
After high school, she moved to Ft. Lauderdale, Florida, where she performed a variety of jobs, among them, modeling aside the championship trophy after the annual NASCAR race held there was over. She worked as a prostitute at the Moonlite BunnyRanch, and according to Dennis Hof made $2000 a night. 2002 saw Thomas speaking publicly about her life at the BunnyRanch in the HBO documentary series entitled Cathouse, and in 2003, she appeared in its sequel. She later told interviewer Andrew Anthony that there is no real difference between pornography and prostitution.
Thomas was married to Kent Wallace, her publicist and co-star from her reality show Sin City Mom.
Adult film career
Thomas shot her first adult film when she was 18, appearing in Mr. Peeper's 25th Anniversary alongside her husband, Zach, and another man.
She says the name "Sunset" was inspired by a comment of her husband when he said "You know what, honey?...you're pretty as a sunset"; the name Thomas popped up when she was thinking of a good last name to go with it.
After appearing in the Cathouse documentaries, Thomas was featured in the 2005 documentary Pornstar Pets and made an appearance on Maury, in which she encountered a crush from her middle school days. The episode was titled 'I Was An Ugly Teen... Now I'm a Hot, Sexy 10!'. In 2006, Thomas obtained her own show on KSEX radio called Sunset After Sunset. In 2007, she appeared on the Montel Williams Show to discuss her porn career and being a mother.
In April 2009 Thomas released her erotic fiction novel, Anatomy of an Adult Film, which was largely a fictionalized account of her adult film career.
- "Sunset Thomas". IAFD.com. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Antonio Santiago (2008-11-15). "A Reliable Source Special Interview: Star of Cathouse Sunset Thomas". ringsidereport.com. Archived from the original on May 27, 2009. Retrieved 2008-11-16.
- "Suit against Sunset Thomas offers new wrinkle in the oldest profession". Lasvegassun.com. Retrieved 2016-09-23.
- Richard Abowitz (2006-04-27). "Sunset Thomas and I Bond Over Vegas". Los Angeles Times. Archived from the original on 2011-02-16. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- "Risky Business", The Observer, 1 August 2004
- Rick Sandack. "Making Hooker History: Porn Star Sunset Thomas Puts Out At The Bunnyranch Brothel". bunnyranch.com. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Rick Sandack. "Making Hooker History: Porn Star Sunset Thomas Puts Out At The Bunnyranch Brothel (page 2)". bunnyranch.com. Archived from the original on 2001-06-26. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Max Gunner (2003). "An Interview with Porn Star Sunset Thomas". institutionalized.net. Retrieved 2008-08-30.
- Cliff Kincaid (2002-12-19). "Shame on Fox News". Accuracy in Media. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- Kurt Soller (2009-12-08). "Ask a Porn Star: Could Tiger Really Have Slept with Holly Sampson & Joslyn James?". Esquire. Retrieved 26 March 2011.
- David Sullivan (2006-12-17). "Sunrise Adams Rises Again". AVN.com. Archived from the original on 2012-07-08. Retrieved 2010-02-17.
- Sunrise Adams
- "Sunrise Adams Rises Again".
- "Sunset Thomas @ CES".
- "Sunset Thomas Layout in Cheri Risks Magazine Getting Pulled".
- "Sunrise Adams".
- MethodShop.com (2011). "Sunset Thomas CES 2011 Interview [video]". methodshop.com. Retrieved 2010-01-07.
- "Sunset Thomas Writes Erotic Fiction Based on Adult Career". AVN. 2009-05-18. Retrieved 2009-08-09.
- "XRCO Announces 2010 Nominees". AVN.com. 2010-03-04. Retrieved 2010-03-04.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Sunset Thomas.|