Sunset in Vienna
|Sunset in Vienna|
|Directed by||Norman Walker|
|Produced by||Herbert Wilcox|
|Written by||Marjorie Gaffney
|Edited by||Merrill G. White|
|Distributed by||General Film Distributors|
Sunset in Vienna is a 1937 British musical drama film directed by Norman Walker and starring Tullio Carminati, Lilli Palmer and John Garrick. An Italian officer marries an Austrian, but the outbreak of the First World War devastates their relationship.
A shortened version of the film was released in the United States in 1940 and this year and running time are sometimes listed.
- Tullio Carminati as Capt. Antonio 'Toni' Baretti
- Lilli Palmer as Gelda Sponek
- John Garrick as Lt. Adolphe Sponek
- Geraldine Hislop as Wanda
- Davina Craig as Deaf lady
- Hubert Harben as Austrian general
- Edgar Driver as Alfred
- Alice O'Day as Maddalena
- Eileen Munro as Superintendent of V.A.D.
- Patrick Barr as Ludwig
- Peter Bull as Turk Outside Café
- Katie Johnson as Woman in Café
- Andreas Malandrinos as Café Manager
- Julian Vedey as Candiani
- "Sunset in Vienna". BFI.
- Wood p.97
- Bergfelder, Tim & Cargnelli, Christian. Destination London: German-speaking emigrés and British cinema, 1925-1950. Berghahn Books, 2008.
- Low, Rachael. Filmmaking in 1930s Britain. George Allen & Unwin, 1985.
- Wood, Linda. British Films, 1927-1939. British Film Institute, 1986.
|This article related to a British film of the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|