|Founded||New York City, U.S. (2001 )|
Number of locations
|3 locations at 2010-11-03|
|Cheni Yerushalmi (Managing Partner) |
Joseph Raby (Managing Partner)
|Products||Shared office spaces, virtual office spaces|
|Revenue||US$4.0 million (2009) 318.6% from 2005|
Number of employees
|Parent||Sunshine Realty Management|
|Subsidiaries||Sunshine Bronx Business Incubator|
Sunshine Suites is a business incubator in New York City. It was founded in 2001 and is currently managed by Sunshine Realty Management. In September 2010, Wall Street Journal included Sunshine Suites in a list of locations tech entrepreneurs should consider if they’re hunting for office space in New York City.
On November 3, 2010, New York City broke ground on its sixth business incubator and the first in the Bronx called the Sunshine Bronx Business Incubator. This is a joint venture between the New York City Economic Development Corporation and Sunshine Suites, and located in the Hunt's Point Banknote Building.
The 2012 SmartPitch Challenge is a business pitch competition borne out of the partnership between Sunshine Bronx Business Incubator, NYCEDC, CUNY Institute for Virtual Enterprise, Baruch's Lawnrence N Field Center for Entrepreneurship, and IBM. The competition was announced at the Sunshine Bronx ribbon-cutting ceremony by Mayor Michael Bloomberg and commences February 3, 2012 with a kick-off event featuring Justin Cohen from Summit Series. The winners of this inaugural competition will receive mentorship from IBM entrepreneurial experts, office space at the Sunshine Bronx Business Incubator, admission to Entrepreneurial Boot Camp in Vermont during the summer of 2012, and an official launch for their business plans in Fall 2012.
- Jaccarino, Mike (2010-11-04). "City breaks ground on first business incubator in the Bronx's Hunts Point". New York Daily News. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- "Inc. Magazine company profile #959". Inc. Magazine. Retrieved 2009. Check date values in:
- Bahney, Anna (2004-12-26). "SQUARE FEET/Manhattan; Working Alone, Together". The New York Times. Retrieved 2010-11-04.
- Hotz, Alexander (2010-09-30). "Seven Places To Start A Tech Company In New York City". Wall Street Journal. Retrieved 2010-09-30.
- "Mayor Bloomberg announces first Bronx business incubator to support 400 entrepreneurs". NYC.gov. 2010-11-03. Retrieved 2010-11-03.
|This United States corporation or company article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|