|Location||Sunshine Coast, Australia|
|No. of stores and services||220|
|No. of anchor tenants||Myer, Kmart, Target, Woolworths, Coles Superstore, Birch Carroll & Coyle,|
|No. of floors||2|
Sunshine Plaza is a large regional shopping centre located in Maroochydore, Queensland. Major retailers included in the centre are Coles, Woolworths, Myer, Kmart, Target,and a 12-screen Birch Carroll & Coyle cinema. The centre is managed by Lend Lease.
Previously operating under a different structure, the centre began trading in 1980 as The Sands Shopping Centre. The Lend Lease Corporation purchased the centre in 1990 and began redevelopment of the site. The new centre began trading in 1994 under the new name Sunshine Plaza. It contains approximately 62,000 square metres of floor space; increased by recent expansions in the early 2000s. The latest expansion (completed in 2002) included the addition of a Woolworths supermarket, a new leisure and restaurant precinct, and the expansion of the Birch Carroll & Coyle cinema complex.
In early 2005 it was announced that the Westfield Group would take a 25 percent stake in Sunshine Plaza with clearance from the ACCC. The General Property Trust wanted to sell its stake, but joint owners Lend Lease (through APPF Retail) had argued that they had exercised their pre-emptive rights over the centre, which gave them the rights to buy any part that GPT wants to sell before anyone else could buy it.
In September 2016, a $400 million makeover commenced. The proposed plan continues west along Cornmeal Creek includes introducing retailing giant, David Jones into a two storey site. On top of this there will be a further 1,400 car spaces, 100 more speciality retail and restaurant spaces and an expansion of the Myer department store. It is scheduled for completion by the end of 2018. 
- "The GPT Group - Sunshine Plaza". The GPT Group. The GPT Group. Retrieved 13 March 2017.
- Development application approved for Sunshine Plaza retrieved 27 January 2007
- Maroochydore & Cotton Tree Suburb Profiles
- Sunshine Plaza - GPT Group
- Australian Competition and Consumer Commission ACCC not to oppose Westfield acquisitions
- GPT Wrangle over Sunshine Plaza, AAP
- "David Jones hopes to open a story at Sunshine Plaza at Maroochydore". The Courier-Mail. 9 August 2010. Retrieved 4 November 2010.