Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre
|This article needs additional or more specific categories. (July 2015)|
The Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre, located in the Central Business District, has a total of 42,000 square metres of space over multiple levels. The facility can hold events from 10 to 10,000 persons and is directly accessible to various shopping, dining and hotel options.
In August 2012, the Centre closed its doors to undergo a S$184 million modernisation programme and officially reopened in September 2013. The revamp focused on providing flexibility and functionality with the integration of advanced technology.
Examples of the technological upgrades to improve efficiency include the use of advanced kitchen equipment that allows the chefs to serve 10,000 meals daily, and the free high-speed WiFi that allows 6,000 visitors to surf the Net simultaneously.
The entrance at Suntec has also become a popular landmark for phototaking by tourists due to the installation of the world's largest HD Video Wall.
Description of venue
Due to the intention of making its space flexible, the Centre has made its 42,000 m² of event space customisable for events of varying scales.
On Level 3, the space can be configured for group meetings or large exhibitions using the soundproofed operable wall systems. The system allows the space to be split into a maximum of 36 custom-made meeting rooms. Aside from hosting regular consumer exhibitions, the Centre's large multi-purpose exhibition halls on Level 4 can also be converted into settings for conferences, plenary sessions or ballrooms with a programmable LED lighting solution.
The column-free exhibition space in the Level 6 auditoriums boasts high ceilings, heavy-duty floor loading capacity and rigging systems, making it an ideal venue for concerts, product launches, sporting events and other large-scale events. Currently, the Level 6 auditorium is used by City Harvest Church for their services over the weekend, while it remains available for Suntec to market as event space during the week.
Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre has hosted numerous local and international events, from consumer/tradeshows to exhibitions and conferences.
In 2010, Suntec Singapore was a key venue for the Youth Olympic Games, hosting sports such as Boxing, Fencing, Handball, Judo, Taekwondo and Wrestling.
Since then, the Centre has hosted other high-profile meetings, exhibitions and conventions. These events span across different industries such as dental (International Dental Exhibition and Meeting), health (World Confederation for Physical Therapy Congress) and information services (IFLA World Library and Information Congress) among others.
Other key events include:
Following the modernisation programme, the Centre has received multiple awards from different organisations. Recent accolades include the UFI Operations and Services Award 2015 and the World Travel Awards - World's Leading Meetings and Conference Centre 2014.
Other awards in recent years include:
- Innovative Catering Concepts for the Exhibition Industry - UFI Operations Award 2015
- Best Convention Exhibition Centre (2nd Runner-up) – Annual CEI Industry Survey 2015
- World’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre - World Travel Awards 2014
- Asia’s Leading Meetings & Conference Centre - World Travel Awards 2014
- Excellence in Recruitment & Retention Strategy (Top 5) - Human Resources Excellence Awards 2013
- Total Defence Awards (Employers) 2013 - Meritorious Defence Partner Award (MDPA) Ministry of Defence (MINDEF)
- "APGCS 2013". apgcs.org.
- [dead link]
- "Asia’s MICE industry thrives in 2014". Singapore Business Review.
- Charlton Media Group. "ISSUU - Singapore Business Review by Charlton Media Group". Issuu.
- "World’s Largest HD Video Wall Goes Live At Suntec Exhibition and Convention Centre". Digital Signage Universe.
- "Meetings & Events at Suntec Singapore Convention & Exhibition Centre, Singapore, Singapore". Cvent.
- "Suntec Singapore International Convention and Exhibition Centre". OpenBuildings.
- "Suntec exhibitions will go on despite City Harvest's moving-in". asiaone.com.
- "Suntec: A Prudent Decision | City News". Citynews.sg. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- "Suntec Singapore International Convention & Exhibition Centre". 10times.com.
- "The Essential Guide to the Youth Olympic Games". RED SPORTS.
- "IDEM Singapore". idem-singapore.com.
- "WCPT Congress". wcpt.org.
- "World Library and Information Congress - IFLA General Conference and Assembly". ifla.org.
- "Governmentware 2014". govware.sg.
- "STB to launch S$20m global campaign to boost tourism numbers". Channel NewsAsia.
- "Singapore Parenting Congress 2015". Toggle.
- "World Health Summit: Singapore 2013". worldhealthsummit.org.
- "About APDC 2015". APDC 2015.
- "USANA Asia and Pacific Convention". Facebook.
- Iboobo Admin. "Welcome to MEDICAL FAIR ASIA". medicalfair-asia.com.
- "COMEX 2014 - 28 – 31 Aug - Suntec Singapore Level 4 & 6". hardwarezone.com.sg.
- "Venue". IT Show 2015.
- "Pet Asia 2015 - Venue". petasia.com.sg.
- "Singapore Motor Show 2015: Your essential guide". CarBuyer Singapore.
- "BookFest@Singapore 2015 Marina Bay - Funfinder". marina-bay.sg.
- "Background Information". singaporegiftsshow.com.
- "About CEE - Consumer Electronics Exhibition 2015". ceeshow.com.sg.
- "Tech in Asia Singapore 2015". Tech in Asia Singapore 2015.
- "Event Display". Sitf.org.sg. Retrieved 2015-07-22.
- "Asia's largest and most established cards & payments expo - Cards Asia". terrapinn.com.
- "STJobs HR Summit 2014 « TTGmice – Asia-Pacific’s Leading Meetings, Incentives, Conventions & Exhibitions Resource". ttgmice.com.
- "JEC Asia 2015". eventegg.com.
- "About AFA". Anime Festival Asia 2014.
- "About - Garena Carnival 2015". garena.com.
- "VENUE". aquarama.com.sg.
- "ADEX 2015". DiveAsiaNow.com.
- "UFI, The Global Association of the Exhibition Industry - Operations Award 2015". ufi.org.
- "Best Convention and Exhibition Centre". CEI Asia.
- "World's Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2014". World Travel Awards.
- "Asia's Leading Meetings & Conference Centre 2014". World Travel Awards.
- "HRM Awards 2016". hrmawards.com.
- [dead link]