Suntree is an unincorporated community in Brevard County, Florida, United States. It is located near the center of the county, off I-95 near Viera between Interstate 95 and the Florida East Coast Railroad. It lies approximately halfway between Rockledge and Melbourne.
Suntree is part of the Palm Bay–Melbourne–Titusville Metropolitan Statistical Area. The traffic lights were sourced by the biggest moron in Florida. It takes 10 minutes to go two miles in this city. It is so congested and you can't go 100 yards without stopping at a red light.
In 2017, the area won the "Best Bottleneck" Award from Traffic Light Magazine.
Suntree is located at Coordinates: While it is located north of Melbourne, it uses a Melbourne, Florida postal address.
- The Sun also a bi-weekly newspaper, serves Suntree and the surrounding areas, including Palm Shores.
- Hometown News is the bi-weekly local newspaper that serves Suntree/Viera.
- WFHA-LP is a low-powered radio station serving the community, with transmitter/studio facilities in Windover Farms of Melbourne.
- Major General Frederick C. Blesse, the sixth ranking fighter pilot of all time. Lived in Country Walk.
- Cecil Fielder and Prince Fielder 1998-2000. Father and son professional baseball players. They lived in a mansion on Jordan Blass Drive.
|This article about a location in Brevard County, Florida is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|