善宇, 宣佑, and others
Sun-woo, also spelled Seon-woo, is a Korean surname and given name.
As a surname, Sunwoo is written with the hanja 鮮于. The bon-gwan of the surname is Taiyuan, Shanxi, China. The 2000 South Korean census estimated that there were 3,560 people with this surname in South Korea.
People with this surname include:
- Sunwoo Yong-nyeo (born Jung Yong-rye, 1945), South Korean actress
- Sunwoo Hwi (1922–1986), South Korean writer
- Sunwoo Eun-sook (born 1959), South Korean actress
- Sunwoo Jae-duk (born 1962), South Korean actor
- Sunwoo Sun (born Jung Yoo-jin, 1975), South Korean actress
- Sonu Kyong-sun (born 1983), North Korean football defender
As a given name, the meaning of Sunwoo differs based on the hanja used to write the name. There are 41 hanja with the reading "sun" and 41 hanja with the reading "woo" on the South Korean government's official list of hanja which may be registered for use in given names.
People with this given name include:
- Jang Sun-woo (born 1952), South Korean male actor and director
- Kim Seon-wu (born 1970), South Korean female poet
- Sun-woo Kim (born 1977), South Korean male baseball pitcher (Korea Baseball Organization)
- Kim Sun-woo (footballer born 1983), South Korean male football forward (K-League Classic)
- Lee Seon-woo (born 1985), South Korean male professional fighting games player
- Kim Sun-woo (footballer born 1986), South Korean male football midfielder (K-League Challenge)
- Baro (singer) (born Cha Sun-woo, 1992), South Korean male singer
- Kim Sun-Woo (footballer, born 1993), South Korean male football midfielder (K-League Classic)
- Kim Sun-woo (modern pentathlete) (born 1996), South Korean female modern pentathlete
- Sun Woo Lee, South Korean businessman, former Samsung CEO
Fictional characters with this given name include:
- Jung Sun-woo, in 2013 South Korean television series Monstar
- Kim Sun-woo, in 2005 South Korean film A Bittersweet Life
- Kim Sun-woo, in 2011 South Korean television series Poseidon
- Kim Sun-woo, in 2012 South Korean television series Man from the Equator
- Park Sun-woo, in 2013 South Korean television series Nine: Nine Time Travels
- "태원선우씨". Naver Encyclopedia. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "성씨인구분포데이터" [Family name population and distribution data]. South Korea: National Statistics Office. Retrieved 28 May 2013.
- "인명용 한자표" [Table of hanja for use in personal names] (PDF). South Korea: Supreme Court. Retrieved 2013-10-17.
|This page or section lists people that share the same given name or the same family name. If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change that link to point directly to the intended article.|