Super DIRTcar Series
|Category||Auto Racing/Dirt Track|
|Country||Northeast United States, Canada|
|Inaugural season||1972 1st Series Of Qualifying Events For Shaffer 100 At Syracuse|
|Inaugural season||1974 1st Actual SDS Champion Honored With Point Fund Payout|
|Engine suppliers||467 Cubic Inch Big Block|
|Tire suppliers||92" Hoosier Racing Tires|
|Makes' champion||Teo Pro Car/Bicknell Chassis/Troyer Race Cars/HigFab Chassis|
|Official website||Super DIRTcar Series|
The Super DIRTcar Series is a modified racing touring series in the United States. It races primarily in the Northeastern United States with a few dates in the Midwestern United States, Florida, and Canada.
The premiere event in the series is the Super DIRT Week at the New York State Fairgrounds in Syracuse, New York. From 2004 until 2012 the feature event (the Syracuse 200) was televised on SPEED. In 2013 Super DIRT Week was moved to CBS Sports Newtwork. The 1980 race was televised live on ESPN, the 1985 event was televised live on TNN, and the entire Super Dirt Series was televised live on Empire Sports Net from mid-1996 until late 1999. Every Super Dirt Week since 1980 has been shown on cable television. The feature event pays $50,000 to the winner.
Other high-profile events include; Mr. Dirt Track USA which is hosted at Lebanon Valley Speedway which pays $17,500 to win; the Eastern States 200, run at Orange County Fair Speedway, which pays $20,000 to win. The Series champion is crowned each year at the season finale, The DIRTcar World Finals at the Dirt Track at Charlotte.
Champions by year
|1997||Danny Johnson / Brett Hearn|
Rookie of the Year winners
|2000||Jeff Brownell Jr|
- Most career wins: Brett Hearn (120)
- Most DIRTcar titles: Brett Hearn (8)
- Most wins in a season: 10 (Brett Hearn 2002, Billy Decker 2008, Matt Sheppard 2016)
- Consecutive wins: 5 (Alan Johnson: 1983)
- Most seasons with at least 1 win: Brett Hearn (32)
- Consecutive seasons with at least one win: Brett Hearn (22)
- Different track wins: Danny Johnson (33)
- "Rite Aid Corporation Partners With World Racing Group For Premier 2008 Events in Charlotte and Syracuse". The Auto Channel. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- "Corporate America Shares in the Success of World Racing Group's Super DIRT Week XXXVI and UMP DIRTcar Championships". Business Wire. 2007-10-11. Retrieved 2008-10-09.
- Super DIRTcar Series Champions by Year
- Rookie of the Year Winners
- Super DIRT Series Statistics