|Also known as||My Teacher, My Hero|
|Created by||Aloy Adlawan|
|Creative director(s)||Roy C. Iglesias|
|Theme music composer||Tata Betita|
|Opening theme||"Siya Ay Si Super Ma'am" by John Kenneth Giducos|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||95 (list of episodes)|
|Executive producer(s)||Nieva M. Sabit|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||23-37 Minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||1080i (HDTV)|
|Original release||September 18, 2017– January 26, 2018|
Super Ma'am (International title: My Teacher, My Hero) is a 2017 Philippine television drama action fantasy series broadcast by GMA Network. Directed by Lord Alvin Madridejos and Albert Langitan, it stars Marian Rivera in the title role. It premiered on September 18, 2017 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Mulawin vs. Ravena and occupying the timeslot of Alyas Robin Hood and aired worldwide on GMA Pinoy TV. The series concluded on January 26, 2018 with a total of 95 episodes. It was replaced by Sherlock Jr. in its timeslot.
Originally titled as The Good Teacher, it was later renamed to Super Ma'am.
Minerva Henerala, a high school teacher had lost her mother and sister to an archaeological accident many years ago. She had an encounter with winged creatures and shape shifters called as Tamawo. Throughout the years, the Tamawo have made their way into the city and abducts children to feed on their energy. Minerva becomes "Super Ma'am", a Tamawo hunter and saves the human world from them.
Cast and characters
- Marian Rivera as Ma'am Minerva Henerala / Super Ma'am
- Works as a teacher for a living and a Tagachu, a slayer of bad entities.
- Helen Gamboa as Lolita Honorio
- Minerva's grandmother who have visions of the Tamawos.
- Kim Domingo as Avenir Segovia / Mabelle Henerala / Vera
- Minerva's sister who was raised and influenced by Greta after she was captured.
- Joyce Ching as Dalikmata / Dolly
- An elemental deity who was sent to the mortal world to diminish the Tamawos and to guide the Tagachu. She resides in the Manunggal jar.
- Kristofer Martin as Ace Mendoza / Lakandayo
- A Tamawo who is Greta's recruit.
- Jerald Napoles as Esteban "Teban" Golo
- A school janitor who is secretly a Tamawo.
- Jillian Ward as Michelle Ombrero
- A student with high IQ level who accelerated to the tenth grade at a young age.
- Jackie Lou Blanco as Greta Segovia
- A Tamawo who would disguise as a human to conquer the world.
- Matthias Rhoads as Trevor Jones
- An archaeologist who investigates about the Tamawos.
- Al Tantay as Chaplin Henerala
- Minerva's father.
- Ashley Ortega as Kristy Garcia/Maureen
- A student of Minerva in remedial class.
- Meg Imperial as Jessica Montesa
- An assistant principal who despises Minerva.
- Kevin Santos as Casper
- A vlogger and media personality who investigates about the Tamawos along with Trevor.
- Shyr Valdez as Lailani
- Jessica's boss and the school principal.
- Enrico Cuenca as Jake
- A Mathematics teacher.
- Julius Miguel as Bixby Henerala
- Minerva's brother.
- Isabella de Leon as Rafa
- Avenir's Tamawo sidekick and trainer.
- Ashley Rivera as Rose
- A teacher and Jessica's friend.
- Vincent Magbanua as Eric Gumatay
- Minerva's student in remedial class.
- Andrew Gan as Keno
- Greta's driver and personal assistant who is also a Tamawo.
- Marika Sasaki as Dina
- Kristy's best friend.
- Ralph Noriega as Onin Cortez
- A former school bully.
- Ai-Ai Delas Alas as Barbie
- A Tamawo and Greta's former assistant.
- Dina Bonnevie as Raquel Honorio-Henerala
- An archaeologist and Minerva's mother.
- Carmina Villarroel as Ceres
- A Tagachu whom later passed her role to Minerva.
- Elijah Allejo as young Minerva
- Sofia Pablo as young Mabelle
- Barbara Miguel as young Jessica
- Rafa Siguion-Reyna as Samuel
- An archaeologist who is the root cause of Tamawos' escape.
- Zackie Rivera as Isay
- A victim of Greta.
- Richard Quan as Gorio
- The uncle of Jake.
- Mark Andaya as Pido
- A Tamawo leader who kidnaps kids for Greta.
- Tonio Quiazon as Arlan
- A Tamawo warrior who steals for Greta.
- Ivan Dorschner as Isko Dagohoy
- Guerrero of Visayas.
- Conan Stevens as Baraka
- A giant Tamawo from Visayas and brother of Nuno.
- Jeric Gonzales as Isagani Dagohoy
- Guerrero of Visayas and brother of Isko Dagohoy.
- Althea Ablan as Katrina "Katitay" Golo
- The niece of Ace and Esteban's sister.
- Lucho Ayala as Adonis
- A Tamawo and friend of Esteban.
- Shermaine Santiago as Linda
- The aunt of Isay.
- Diana Zubiri as Gilda "Jill" Magpantay
- Leader of the manananggals.
- Epi Quizon as Jacqueline "Jack" Magpantay
- A Manananggal.
- Divine Tetay as Wendy "Wen" Magpantay
- A Manananggal.
- Jade Lopez as Vicky Cortez
- The pregnant sister of Onin.
- Lia Valentin as Rosa
- Jake's cousin.
- Ermie Concepcion as Lola Tale
- Jake and Rosa's grandmother.
- Neil Ryan Sese as Arjay
- A Tamawo from the west and part of the "Tamawo Konsejo".
- Rita Avila as Lorenza Diaz
- The chieftain who takes the case of Avenir.
- John Kenneth as Justin Ombrero
- Michelle's brother
- Liezel Lopez as Sonia
- Toby Alejar as Frankenstein
- A doctor.
- Gil Cuerva as Xavier
- A zombie and the ex-boyfriend of Kristy.
- Patricia Tumulak as Black Super Ma'am
- A poison of Arjay who became the second Super Ma'am.
- Boobay as Lovely
- A fan of Super Ma'am.
- Barbie Forteza as Pearly
- A mermaid.
- Addy Raj as Christian
- A human who Pearly wants to find.
- Joanna Katanyag as Celeste
- Ayeesha Cervantes as Wendy
- Ces Aldaba as Lolong
- Beki Belo as Mema Sirena
- Andrea del Rosario as Azravach
- An ulupong.
- Arny Ross as Serpentina
- An ulupong.
- Jazz Ocampo as Mamba
- An ulupong.
- Ameera Johara as Pythona
- An ulupong.
- Victor Neri as Agalon
- A tamawo king.
- Jak Roberto as Isidro "Sidro" Dagohoy
- Guererro of Visayas, brother of Isko and Isagani Dagohoy.
According to AGB Nielsen Philippines' Nationwide Urban Television Audience Measurement People in Television Homes, the pilot episode of Super Ma'am earned a 9.5% rating. While the final episode scored a 10.7% rating. The series had its highest rating on November 24, 2017 with an 11.1% rating.
In Mega Manila household television ratings, 48.6% was its highest rating. In Urban Luzon, it had its highest rating on November 24, 2017 with a 45.3% rating.
- Marian Rivera, balik primteime sa bagong teleseryeng "The Good Teacher"
- Marian Rivera, muling bibida sa primetime sa "Super Ma'am"
- GMA is happy to announce its strong lineup of shows for the second half of the year
- "Super Ma'am - A million stories for a billion people - HOOQ". Retrieved September 28, 2017.
- "Super Ma'am - Home - Full Episodes". Retrieved June 30, 2018.
- "Super Ma'am". Retrieved March 20, 2018.
- Meet the heroes and villains of ‘Super Ma'am’
- "September 18 (Mon) TV Ratings / AGB Nielsen / NUTAM People in TV Homes". Retrieved September 18, 2017.
- Santos, Mari-an (February 1, 2018). "How did Super Ma'am final episode in AGB ratings?". Retrieved February 2, 2018.
- Ching, Mark Angelo (December 10, 2017). "AGB Ratings: GMA-7 tops weekday daytime; ABS-CBN prevails over weekday primetime". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Rivera, Marian (December 6, 2017). "Congrats Super Ma'am Family". Retrieved January 24, 2018.
|This Philippine television program-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|