Super Methane Bros.
|Super Methane Bros.|
Amiga version screenshot (level 9)
|Developer(s)||Apache Software Ltd.|
|Mode(s)||One or two player|
Puff and Blow each have a Methane Gas Gun which fires a cloud of immobilising gas. If this comes into contact with a bad guy, he will be absorbed into the gas and then float around the screen for a limited time. Bad guys are harmless in this state. Puff and Blow must suck the floating gas clouds into their guns and blast them out against a vertical surface. Bad guys then turn into bonuses which can be collected.
Reception and legacy
With permission from Apache Software Ltd a modern port under GPLv2 with the original assets was released in 2001. This game has ports for Microsoft Windows, Linux and RISC OS. The source code and project is hosted on Sourceforge, latest update was in 2011.
- Super Methane Bros – Kaasua, komissaariot Huppa ja Puppa by JTurunen on Pelit (in Finnish May 1, 1994)
- Super Methane Bros in Amiga Power issue 39 (July 1994)
- info on methane.sourceforge.net "IMPORTANT NOTE: This is a conversion of the Commodore Amiga game. I had been given permission by the company (Apache Software Ltd) to release this game as GPL. However - THE ORIGINAL AMIGA VERSION OF SUPER METHANE BROTHERS IS STILL A COMMERCIAL GAME IT'S LICENCE HAS NOT CHANGED."
- Version History. on methane.sourceforge.net
- Methane on sourceforge.net
- super-methane-brothers on metacritic.com
- Rise of the Triad by GamesIndustry International on gamesindustry.biz (15 Feb 2010)
- Super Methane Bros. - stats on Sourceforge.net (accessed 2016-07-22)