Super Seisyun Brothers
|Super Seisyun Brothers|
Cover of the first volume
(SSB ―Sūpā Seishun Burazāzu―)
|Genre||Comedy, slice of life|
|Written by||Shin Shinmoto|
|Original run||November 2012 – present|
|Anime television series|
|Directed by||Masahiro Takata|
|Written by||Tomoko Konparu|
|Music by||Yoshihiro Ike|
|Original network||TV Tokyo, AT-X|
|Original run||September 13, 2013 – December 13, 2013|
Super Seisyun Brothers (Japanese: SSB ―超青春姉弟s― Hepburn: SSB ―Sūpā Seishun Burazāzu―) is a Japanese slice of life comedy manga series written and illustrated by Shin Shinmoto. An anime television series adaptation aired on TV Tokyo between September and December 2013.
This section's tone or style may not reflect the encyclopedic tone used on Wikipedia. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
The elder sisters are best friends. The younger brothers are best friends. And between these similar siblings, lies a strange relationship. They are the friends who share the same dream, their dreams are big and connected to each other. These indirectly related siblings live an incredible normal life.
- Chiko Shinmoto (新本 チコ Shinmoto Chiko)
- Chiko is the elder sister of the Shinmoto siblings and is a 2nd-year college student. She has a blonde hair and blue eyes and is fond of handsome guys. In the first episode of the anime, she doesn't seem to like to go to the college just because there aren't any handsome guys. Chiko's dream is to conquer the world which is similar to Mako's which is to save the world being a heroine by defeating anyone in her way. She is called an otaku by Chika but seems to hate being called like that. Instead, she wants to be called as a bishōjo (a beautiful girl).
- Chika Shinmoto (新本 チカ Shinmoto Chika)
- Chika is the younger brother of the Shinmoto siblings and is a 2nd year high school student. He has a blonde hair and blue eyes like his sister. He is popular with the girls in his school which is annoying to his sister.
The Saitō siblings are weird and quiet as their calm faces. It seems they are the ones who often visit the Shinmoto siblings when they are bored. Both the siblings are popular wherever they go.
- Mako Saitō (斉藤 マコ Saitō Mako)
- Mako is the elder sister of the Saitō siblings and is a part-time worker outside. Her education status is unknown and she has purple hair and greenish-yellow eyes. She is seen practicing an alien language with her hand puppet in the first episode of the anime. She is an idol otaku.
- Mao Saitō (斉藤 マオ Saitō Mao)
- Mao is the younger brother of the Saitō siblings and is a 2nd year high school student just like Chika. He resembles his sister and is also seen with his hand puppet in the first episode of the anime. Mao seems to have a crush on Chiko.
The manga is written and illustrated by Shin Shinmoto and has been serialized in the G-Mode's web magazine Comic Polaris since November 2012. The series has been collected in four tankōbon volumes, released in Japan between October 15, 2013, and August 15, 2014.
An anime television series adaptation, produced by AIC Plus+, aired in Japan on TV Tokyo between September 13 and December 13, 2013. The series is directed by Masahiro Takata with series composition by Tomoko Konparu, character design and character design by Noriko Morishima. The series' ending theme song is "Watashi ni Naritai Watashi" (私になりたい私 lit. The Me I want To Be) by Rokugen Alice.
|No.||Title||Original air date|
|1||"Bro and Sis + Bro and Sis ="|
"Shitei + Shitei =" (姉弟+姉弟=)
|September 13, 2013|
|2||"Already an Adult, Yet Still a Child"|
"Mō Otona, Mada Kodomo" (もう大人、まだ子供)
|September 20, 2013|
|3||"Opposite Sex, Same Sex"|
"Isei Dōsei" (いせいどうせい)
|September 27, 2013|
|4||"20 Year Olds' Daily Lives"|
"20-sai no Nichijō" (20歳の日常)
|October 4, 2013|
|5||"17 Year Olds' Daily Lives"|
"17-sai no Nichijō" (17歳の日常)
|October 11, 2013|
|6||"One Step Forward"|
"Ippo Susumu" (一歩進む)
|October 18, 2013|
|7||"Now and Then"|
"Ima Mukashi" (いまむかし)
|October 25, 2013|
|8||"Festival ~Dreams and Fantasies Arc~"|
"Matsuri ~Yume to Mōsō Hen~" (まつり～夢と妄想編～)
|November 1, 2013|
|9||"Festival ~Reality Arc~"|
"Matsuri ~Genjitsu Hen~" (まつり～現実編～)
|November 8, 2013|
|10||"Little Brothers' Circumstances"|
"Otōto no Jijō" (弟の事情)
|November 15, 2013|
|11||"Big Sisters' Circumstances"|
"Ane no Jijō" (姉の事情)
|November 22, 2013|
"Sorezore no Jijō" (それぞれの事情)
|November 29, 2013|
|13||"Super Youth Siblings"|
|December 6, 2013|
|14||"My Angel Sometime Devil"|
"Tenshi Tokidoki Akuma" (天使時々悪魔)
|December 13, 2013|
- "Super Seisyun Brothers Slice-of-Life Manga Gets TV Anime". Anime News Network. 2013-08-01. Retrieved 2013-09-07.
- "「SSB」4巻に、ポラリス掲載前のエピソード" (in Japanese). Natalie.mu. 2014-08-14. Retrieved 2014-08-15.
- "Super Seisyun Brothers Anime's 1st Promo Video Previews Cast". Anime News Network. 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2013-09-07.