Super Show 6
|World tour by Super Junior|
Promotion poster for Super Show 6
|Start date||19 September 2014|
|End date||12 July 2015|
|No. of shows||22 in Asia |
|Super Junior concert chronology|
Super Show 6 is the third world concert tour and sixth international tour by South Korean boy band Super Junior, in support of their seventh studio album, Mamacita. The world tour commenced with three shows in Seoul from 19 to 21 September 2014 and hit a total of 100 concerts for its Super Show series.
The tour was announced on 7 July 2014, even before Super Junior starting the promotion for their seventh studio album, Mamacita. Tickets for the September 20–21 concert in Seoul went on sale on 7 August and were sold out in 9 minutes. Later, the group added one more day on September 19 due to high demand and the tickets went on sale on 21 August at 8PM KST. The concert on 21 September marks the 100th Super Show concert in the Super Show series.
On 29 and 30 October 2014, Super Junior launched Super Junior World Tour in Tokyo in Tokyo Dome, gathering over 110,000 fans. Super Junior launched solo concerts in Tokyo Dome three years in a row since 2012 and sold out all tickets to the two-day concert. The members communicated with the fans in Japanese and announced the released of Japanese single Mamacita (Ayaya) on 17 December 2014 as well as the launch of the Fukuoka Dome concert on 30 December 2014.
On 29 and 30 November 2014, Super Junior launched World Tour Super Show 6 in Taipei in Taipeo Arena, thrilling 22,000 fans with its various music, charismatic performance and stage manners. As Super Junior has been gathering immense popularity in Taiwan, ranking number one on music charts for 121 weeks, the tickets were also sold out for both rounds of the concert and it was attended by numerous media outlets, such as TVBS, The China Times, The Liberty Times and more.
Super Junior World Tour Super Show 6 in Osaka took place over three days on 5 to 7 December 2014 in Osaka Kyocera dome. Following Super Show 4 and Super Show 5, Super Junior has launched an exclusive concert in the grand sized dome for three years in a row, selling out all tickets this time as well.
Super Junior completed its concert Super Junior World Tour Super Show 6 in Bangkok over two days on 10 and 11 January 2015 at the Bangkok Impact Arena.
On 27 May 2015, SM Entertainment announced that Super Junior would hold encore concerts for Super Junior World Concert Super Show 6, which took place on July 11 and 12 at the Olympic Park Gymnastics Hall in Seoul. Like the Super Show 6 that was held in September 2014, the encore concerts would showcase performances of hit songs for both the group and individual members. Yesung, who was recently discharged from the military, rose to the stage with Super Junior after two years and four months.
|September 19, 2014||Seoul||South Korea||Jamsil Indoor Stadium||35,964||$4,798,162|
|September 20, 2014|
|September 21, 2014|
|October 29, 2014||Tokyo||Japan||Tokyo Dome||112,388||$11,571,296|
|October 30, 2014|
|November 8, 2014||Hong Kong||China||AsiaWorld–Arena||14,759||$2,012,133|
|November 22, 2014||Beijing||MasterCard Center||12,882||$1,864,504|
|November 29, 2014||Taipei||Taiwan||Taipei Arena||25,360||$4,139,719|
|November 30, 2014|
|December 5, 2014||Osaka||Japan||Kyocera Dome||154,038||$15,473,256|
|December 6, 2014|
|December 7, 2014|
|December 20, 2014||Fukuoka||Fukuoka Dome||52,874||$5,224,078|
|January 10, 2015||Bangkok||Thailand||Impact Arena||32,192||$4,715,169|
|January 11, 2015|
|February 7, 2015||Shanghai||China||Mercedes-Benz Arena||14,675||$2,106,384|
|March 1, 2015||Macau||CotaiArena||14,750||$3,031,195|
|March 29, 2015||Nanjing||Nanjing Olympic Sports Center Gymnasium||13,983||$1,992,720|
|May 1, 2015||Singapore||Singapore Indoor Stadium||12,356||$2,380,589|
|May 3, 2015||Tangerang||Indonesia||Indonesia Convention Exhibition||18,993||$3,027,876|
|July 11, 2015 (encore)||Seoul||South Korea||Olympic Gymnastics Arena||28,192||$3,719,254|
|July 12, 2015 (encore)|
|Total||543,406 / 543,406 (100%)||$66,056,335|
- Tour organizer: SM Entertainment, Shindong
- Tour promoter: Dream Maker Entercom, Shindong
- Kim, Erika. "Leeteuk to Join Super Junior for ′Super Show 6′ World Tour". CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- Hong, Grace Danbi. "Super Junior Adds One More Concert Day For a Total of 100 'Super Shows'". CJ E&M enewsWorld. Retrieved 22 August 2014.
- "Super Junior Gathers 110,000 Fans for 'Super Show 6' in Tokyo". CJ E&M enewsWorld. 31 October 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Super Junior Successfully Ends Super Show 6 in Taiwan with 22,000 Fans". CJ E&M enewsWorld. 1 December 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Super Junior Successfully Ends 'Super Show 6' in Osaka with 135,000 Fans". CJ E&M enewsWorld. 8 December 2014. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Super Junior Gathers Over 20,000 Fans to Super Show 6′ Concert in Bangkok". CJ E&M enewsWorld. 12 January 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2016.
- "Super Junior to Hold Encore Concerts for ′Super Show 6′ in Seoul". CJ E&M enewsWorld. 27 May 2015. Retrieved 27 September 2016.