Super Star Soldier
|Super Star Soldier|
TurboGrafx-16 cover art
|Platform(s)||PC Engine/TurboGrafx-16, Mobile Phones, Wii and Wii U (Virtual Console), PlayStation Network, Windows Store|
Super Star Soldier (スーパースターソルジャー Sūpā Sutā Sorujā) is a scrolling shooter video game developed by Kaneko and originally published by Hudson Soft in 1990 for the Japanese PC Engine and in 1991 for the North American TurboGrafx-16. It is the sequel to Star Soldier, and part of a vertical-scrolling shooter series by Hudson Soft. According to the company, many people believed Super Star Soldier's graphics were the best of any HuCard game. Although the game was popular in Japan, it received less attention from the rest of the world.
The Mobile version of Super Star Soldier was released on September 3, 2007 in Japan. Konami published it for the Virtual Console on Nintendo's Wii system in North America on November 27, 2006, in Japan on December 2, 2006, and in Europe on December 8, 2006. The game has also been released on the Japanese PlayStation Store on August 19, 2009 and on the North American PlayStation Store on June 3, 2011. It was also released on the Windows Store December 20, 2013 and on Wii U Virtual Console on February 26, 2014, the first being released in Japan only while the Wii U Virtual Console version was released on April 6, 2017.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (November 2014)
Taking place four years after Star Soldier, the original galactic invaders known as the Star Brain corps have returned from their crushing defeat from the Cesear star fighter and they are now led by the ultimate spaceship, Mother Brain. Earth's only defense lies in the Neo Cesear star fighter to finish what was started.
- "Windows ストア の Windows 用 スーパースターソルジャー アプリ". Apps.microsoft.com. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Brendan Sinclair. "Super Star Soldier hits Wii". GameSpot. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- 30 Point Plus: スーパースターソルジャー. Weekly Famicom Tsūshin. No.309. Pg.39. 11–18 November 1994.
- "Super Star Soldier". GameSpot. Retrieved 26 November 2014.
- Official website
- Super Star Soldier at MobyGames
- Super Star Soldier -- Caravan Mode -- Strategy Guide (TurboGrafx-16) at TurboPlay Magazine Archives
|This scrolling shooter article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|