Super ultra-low emission vehicle
Super ultra-low emissions vehicle (SULEV) is a U.S. classification for passenger vehicle emissions. The classification is based on producing 90% fewer emissions than the average gasoline powered vehicle. The SULEV standard is stricter than the standard for LEV (Low Emission Vehicle) and ULEV (Ultra-Low Emissions Vehicle), however not as strict as PZEV (Partial Zero Emission Vehicle) which meets the SULEV standard for tailpipe emissions, but has zero instead of reduced evaporative emissions.
Examples of vehicles delivering SULEV emissions performance include:
- Honda Accord 2000-? 
- Honda Insight (CVT transmission models only)
- Honda Civic Hybrid CVT transmission models only, AT-PZEV available in certain states
- Honda Civic GX Natural Gas
- Toyota Prius
- Ford Focus SULEV 
- BMW SULEV 128i, 328i, 325i, 325Ci, and 325iT
- Subaru PZEV Vehicles beginning with 2008 year models including Forester, Outback and Legacy
- Chevrolet Volt
- Hyundai Elantra
- Lexus CT200h
- Kia Forte
- Volkswagen Jetta
- Mini Cooper Hardtop 4-Door 
- Toyota RAV4 Hybrid
- Pontiac Grand Prix, 3800 V6 equipped vehicles beginning with the 2006 model year
- 2018 Highlander Hybrid
This section does not cite any sources. (December 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In California, manufacturers of SULEVs can be given a partial credit for producing a Zero Emission Vehicle (ZEV) and so a vehicle of this type can be administratively designated as a Partial Zero-Emission Vehicle (PZEV). In order to qualify as a PZEV, a vehicle must meet the SULEV standard and, in addition, have zero evaporative emissions from its fuel system plus a 15-year/150,000 mi (241,402 km) warranty on its emission-control components.
In the case of hybrid vehicles this warranty is extended to the electric propulsion components (electric motor/generator/starter, battery, inverter, controls) and their mechanical interface to the driveline - potentially a distinct advantage to the owner of such vehicle.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 9 February 2016.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 25 April 2012. Retrieved 14 January 2012.
- "2016 Toyota RAV4 Hybrid Product Information | Toyota". Retrieved 2016-10-03.
- "3 Things You Didn't Know About the 2018 Highlander Hybrid". www.smarttoyota.com. Retrieved 2018-07-09.
- US emission standard
- California Air Resources Board
- Car dealership
- Ultra Low Emission Vehicle
- Partial Zero-Emissions Vehicle
- Zero-emission vehicle
|Wikibooks has a book on the topic of: California AB 1493|
- "University of California, Riverside Study Shows Accelerated Introduction of Super-Clean Cars Will Help Los Angeles Meet Federal Smog Standards by 2010" (Press release). University of California, Riverside. 23 September 2003. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Climate Change Program". California Environmental Protection Agency. Retrieved 10 July 2011.
- "Los Angeles Green Vehicle List for Smog & Green House Gas Reductions - Updated December 2011" (PDF). Retrieved 5 January 2012.