Supercollider / The Butcher
|"Supercollider" / "The Butcher"|
|Single by Radiohead|
|Released||16 April 2011|
|Format||12", digital download|
4:35 ("The Butcher")
|Label||Ticker Tape Ltd.|
|Radiohead singles chronology|
"Supercollider" and "The Butcher" are songs by the English alternative rock band Radiohead. They were released as a double A-side single on 12-inch vinyl in the UK, Europe and Japan on 16 April 2011 for Record Store Day. The single was released on the same format in the United States and Canada on 14 June 2011. Digital masters of the tracks were released in WAV and MP3 on 18 April 2011 through the King of Limbs website to those who had ordered the album.
"The Butcher" was recorded and mixed during King of Limbs sessions, but excluded from the album as it did not fit with the other tracks. Singer Thom Yorke first performed "Supercollider" solo on 6 June 2008 at Malahide Castle, Dublin; studio work on the track was started during the King of Limbs sessions and finished in March 2011, after the album's release.
|Finland (Suomen virallinen lista)||19|
- "Record Store Day - Exclusive Product". Retrieved 16 April 2011.
- Adriaan Pels (13 April 2011). "Radiohead's Record Store Day release for UK, Europe and Japan only". ateaseweb.com. Retrieved 18 April 2011.
- Listen to new Radiohead song online now | News | NME.COM
- Email sent out by the band upon release.
- "Radiohead: Supercollider / The Butcher" (in Finnish). Musiikkituottajat – IFPI Finland. Retrieved 6 June 2013.