|Dates||Second weekend in September|
|Location(s)||Hamilton, Ontario, Canada|
Supercrawl features four days of free music spread over multiple stages lining the length of James Street North. The festival attracts an average of 130,000 visitors annually to watch over 50 bands, making it one of the largest free music festivals in Ontario. The festival also showcases large-scale visual art installations, performance art, an artisan market, food trucks and fashion.
The arts festival has been cited as part of a larger, arts-based revival in Hamilton as the former industrial city becomes a regional center for the arts. Supercrawl includes many genres of music, from rock and blues to orchestral and traditional.
In 2015, Supercrawl was named Ontario’s Tourism Event of the Year as part of the Ontario Tourism Awards of Excellence. In 2017 Supercrawl was one of more than 300 events given extra funding as part of Canada’s 150th birthday celebrations. It also received a nomination for the Metro Toronto Convention Centre Event Of The Year from the Canadian Tourism Awards.
In 2015, the organizers of Supercrawl Productions began to expand into one-off events at other times of the year, under the billing Supercrawl Presents.
- "Happy 10th anniversary, Supercrawl ... and thanks for the party". By Graham Rockingham, The Hamilton Spectator, September 17, 2018
- "Thousands pack downtown Hamilton for Supercrawl Friday". By Adam Carter, CBC News Sep 09, 2016
- Wells, John (September 12, 2013). "Supercrawl: Understanding its roots and why fall fairs draw us in". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Carolyn B. Heller (14 July 2015). Moon Ontario. Avalon Publishing. pp. 287–. ISBN 978-1-63121-042-6.
- Baulcomb, Andrew (September 12, 2013). "Exploring the Roots of Supercrawl, Hamilton's Best Music Festival". Vice. Retrieved December 12, 2014.
- Rockingham, Graham (September 12, 2013). "A supersized James Street North Supercrawl". The Hamilton Spectator. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Carter, Adam (September 16, 2013). "10 bands to watch for at Supercrawl 2013". CBC News. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- Werner, Kevin (November 16, 2013). "Supercrawl dreams of national exposure". Flamborough Review. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- Quill, George (December 7, 2012). "Hamilton in the midst of a grassroots cultural revival". The Toronto Star. Retrieved February 28, 2014.
- "Recap: Rock overcomes rain at Supercrawl Saturday". By Adam Carter, CBC News, Sep 10, 2016
- Happy 10th anniversary, Supercrawl ... and thanks for the party. Hamilton Spectator, Sep 17, 2018
- "Hamilton’s Supercrawl to receive $500K boost from government". CHCH Television, March 7, 2017
- "Supercrawl Shortlisted for Canadian Tourism Award". supercrawl.ca. Retrieved 2017-10-19.
- "Review + Photos: [Supercrawl Presents] Caribou, Jamie xx, and Jessy Lanza @ Pier 4 Park – Hamilton – A Music Blog, Yea?". amusicblogyea.com. Retrieved 2017-10-19.