Superior Court of Macau Building
Construction of the court house began in 1997 and was completed in 1999 in time for the handover. The court building is located next to the Macau Legislative Assembly Building in Nam Van Lake area and located within Cathedral Parish.
The three storey structure uses various types of stones on a concrete core:
- bushamered Portuguese limestone
- polished gray lined marble – arabescato
- Portuguese black cleft slate
- Norwegian Cleft Alta Quartzite
Steel, glass, copper and wood are other materials used throughout the building.
The building was built by local architectural firm Mario Duarte Duque.
- across the lake on the west side is Macau Government Headquarters, former residence of the Governor of Macau and more recently the offices of the Governor (until 1999).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Superior Court of Macau Building.|