|This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Also known as||
|Genres||Groove metal, hardcore punk, sludge metal|
|Years active||1993–2004, 2014–present|
|Associated acts||Down, Pantera, Eyehategod, Arson Anthem, Hank Williams III|
|Past members||Michael Haaga
Hank Williams III
Superjoint, previously Superjoint Ritual, is an American metal band formed by Phil Anselmo, Joe Fazzio, and Jimmy Bower in the early 1990s, later to be joined by Hank Williams III, and Kevin Bond. Their style can be considered a mix of Pantera's style of groove metal and hardcore punk. A small trace of black metal can be heard, as well. Bands like Venom, Slayer, Celtic Frost, Voivod, and Darkthrone have been noted as influences also. The name Superjoint Ritual comes from a lyric in the Darkthrone song "The Pagan Winter". According to Bower, Anselmo wrote 70-80% of the group's music.
Despite their early 1990s establishment, it wasn't until a decade later, after the folding of Pantera, that the group recorded any albums. It was then that Superjoint Ritual garnered significant TV exposure on programs such as MTV2's Headbangers Ball and Fuse TV's Uranium.
However, the group's time in the spotlight would prove short lived. A dispute between Anselmo and Fazzio led to the band's eventual split in late 2004, which was confirmed by both Hank Williams III and Jimmy Bower.
It was confirmed that they will have a reunion at the Housecore Horror Film Festival in Austin, Texas October 23–26, 2014. For legal reasons, the band will perform under the name Superjoint. Hank Williams III was initially supposed to take part in this first reunion show, but had to bow out due to personal issues.
Although their appearance at Housecore Horror was supposed to be the only reunion show, it is now confirmed that they will be performing as Superjoint Ritual at Hellfest Open Air 2015. The band is expected to release a new album. 
Superjoint released Caught Up in the Gears of Application on November 11, 2016 through Housecore Records.
- Current members
- Phil Anselmo - vocals, guitar (1993–2004, 2014–present)
- Jimmy Bower - guitar (1993–2004, 2014–present)
- Kevin Bond - bass guitar (1993–1998), guitar (2002–2004, 2014–present)
- Stephen Taylor - bass guitar (2014–present)
- Jose Gonzalez - drums (2014–present)
- Former members
- Michael Haaga - bass guitar (1993–2002)
- Hank Williams III - bass guitar (2002–2004)
- Joe Fazzio - drums (1993–2004)
- Marzi Montazeri - guitar (1996-1998)
- Use Once and Destroy (2002, Sanctuary Records)
- A Lethal Dose of American Hatred (2003, Sanctuary Records)
- Caught Up in the Gears of Application (2016, Housecore Records)
- 1995 Demo
- 1997 Demo
- Live in Dallas, TX 2002 (2002, Sanctuary Visual Entertainment)
- Live at CBGB'S (2004, Sanctuary Visual Entertainment)
- "Superjoint Ritual to Reunite for Housecore Horror Fest; Gwar, Voivod, Others Announced!". MetalSucks. Retrieved August 20, 2014.
- "Hellfest Open Air 2015 Artists". Hellfest.fr. 12/8/2014. Retrieved 12/8/2014. Check date values in:
- "PHILIP ANSELMO's SUPERJOINT RITUAL Recording New Music". BLABBERMOUTH.NET. 2015-12-29. Retrieved 2016-05-11.