This article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
An old French pack of Superkings cigarettes, with a French text warning at the bottom of the pack.
|Produced by||Imperial Tobacco|
Superkings was launched in 1983. The name is derived from the 100 mm length of the cigarette, which was amongst the first in the UK to be longer than the usual king size. The term is often used to describe any cigarette of regular gauge but with additional length to a king size cigarette.
Being primarily marketed towards the working-class female smoker, the brand was the 9th most popular cigarette brand in the UK with 3.3% of the market share in 2007.
A study showed that, compared with 2013 and 2014, the original Superkings is the most popular variant, followed by Superkings Menthol And Superkings Blue.
- "Superkings - Imperial Tobacco UK Trade Website". Imperial-trade.co.uk. 2 May 2017. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Superkings". Zigsam.at. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "the way the british smoke". BBC News. 2007-06-29.
- "Superkings: leading cigarette brands in the UK 2014 - TGI survey". Statista.com. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "BrandSuperkings - Cigarettes Pedia". Cigarettespedia.com. Retrieved 25 January 2018.
- "Brands". Cigarety.by. Retrieved 25 January 2018.