Promotial photograph of the cast of Supermodelo 2008
|Country of origin||Spain|
|No. of episodes||39|
|Original release||April 28 – June 20, 2008|
Supermodelo 2008 was the third and final season of Supermodelo. This season saw significant changes when former host Judit Mascó was replaced by Eloísa González. For the first time, male contestants were allowed to participate in a separate competition from the females, whose winner would eventually be the representative for Spain in the annual Elite Model Look contest as in the two previous years. Various changes and variations of the format proved to be very unpopular with Spanish audience and the show was cut after a total of 8 weeks on air. The last week of the competition saw the back to back eliminations of the seventh, sixth, fifth and fourth placers, and the live final took place that same week on June 20 with the remaining six contestants. The winners of the competition were 21 year old Eva Prieto from Barcelona and 20 year old Oliver Baggerman from Tenerife.
The main competition was held live, and a public vote determined who would be eliminated each week. Three contestants from each gender were nominated by the judges every week. Emmanuel Rouzic, José Fernández-Pacheco, and Marie-Ange Schmitt-Lebreton would each chose two nominees for elimination. Prior to this, two contestants would be granted immunity from elimination. The breakdown of each week was as follows:
- On Wednesdays, one contestant of each gender would be granted immunity.
- On Thursdays, three female contestants would be selected to go against the public vote for elimination.
- On Fridays, three male contestants would be selected to go against the public vote for elimination.
- On Mondays, a nominated female contestant would be eliminated.
- On Tuesdays, a nominated male contestant would be eliminated.
No elimination took place on the Monday or Tuesday of the first round of the finals, as there had been no nominees up to that point.
Episodes aired from Monday through Friday beginning on April 28. Week 7 had only 4 episodes, as no episode aired on Tuesday June 10.
Originally aired: 28 April - 2 May; 5–9 May; 12–16 May 2008
In the beginning of the show the top 25 semi-finalists from each gender, a total of fifty contestants, were invited to an official casting audition which took part on a Costa cruise ship. On the first day, thirty semi-finalists were eliminated, leaving a total of 20 semi-finalists. The selected contestants boarded at the Port of Barcelona, and the ship began sailing east, continuing down the Italian Peninsula to visit locations like Savona and Rome. The ship later stopped on the island of Sicily to visit Palermo, and made additional stops in Malta and Tunisia. All throughout the voyage, the models received visits from fashion experts for various lessons and photo shoot sessions. After several days of eliminations the top 8 of each gender was selected and the final 16 contestants moved into the model villa.
Originally aired: 19–23 May 2008
The sixteen finalists had their measurements taken, and two new contestants, Mario and Nora, entered the competition.
- Entered: Mario Rodríguez & Nora Gárate
Judge and photographer Emmanuel Rouzic had a photo shoot session with the models. They also had a small presentation for Custo Barcelona, and were taught how to style themselves. 2007 winner Noelia López met with the models to share her experiences on the show. They also received a lesson on fitness and healthy eating from Martina Miserachs. Afterwards, there was a 60's themed mock runway show where styling professor Josie (José Fernández-Pacheco) went over everyone's personal sense of style. This was followed by a third and final runway inspired by the Dos de Mayo Uprising. Andres was granted immunity through the consensus of the female contestants, while Raquel was granted immunity through the consensus of the male contestants.
- Immune from elimination: Andrés Moreno & Raquel Martínez
Based on the results of the photo shoot, Rouzic chose Mario and Isabel as his nominees for elimination. The following day Josie chose Luis and Nora as the second nominees for elimination. The models had a runway lesson with Hernando Herrera, and the females had a photo shoot on a construction site. Rosa Clará arrived with the contestants to invite Yara to her runway show in Barcelona, along with a night out and a runway appearance at Lacroix. She was also given the opportunity to take one of the other models along with her, and she chose Javier. Judge Marie-Ange Schmitt-Lebreton deemed Javier as the best model of the week, and he was awarded €1,000 to go shopping.
- Supermodel of the week: Javier Vázquez
The contestants found out that they would be having a runway show with dogs, and tensions were high in anticipation of the last round of nominations. The three professors went over everyone's progress and attitude throughout the week, and Marie-Ange chose Abdel and Belén as her nominees for elimination.
- Nominated for elimination: Abdel Abdelkade, Belén Alarcón, Isabel Conejo, Luis Jiménez, Mario Rodríguez & Nora Gárate
Originally aired: 26–30 May 2008
The three nominated female contestants had to pack their bags in preparation for the results of the public vote. The models took part in a live runway show, and the first girl to be saved by the public was Nora. Before the final save, the show went over footage of dinner between the contestants and Fiona Ferrer Leoni, a fictitious wedding between Ivan and Amparo, and a car photo shoot session Rouzic. After a second runway show, it was revealed that Isabel had received the least support from the public, and she was eliminated from the competition. The male elimination was scheduled for the following day.
- Eliminated: Isabel Conejo
Before finding out who would be the first male contestant saved from elimination, the show went over a wet and sensual photo shoot in a pool with Rouzic. Host Eloísa González revealed that Mario was safe from elimination. This was followed by a runway show in underwear, and footage of new nutrition classes, dance lessons, and a styling class with Josie. After the final runway show of the night, Abdel was eliminated from the competition.
- Eliminated: Abdel Abdelkade
On the Wednesday after the eliminations, the contestants had to determine who would be given immunity. The boys had a fashion show with designer Ion Fiz, in which they had to demonstrate elegance and class. After the show, the girls decided that Oliver should be given immunity. The female contestants had a runway with snakes, and the male contestants granted their immunity to Mamen.
- Immune from elimination: Mamen Solís & Oliver Baggerman
The following day, the professors had to select three of the female contestants for elimination. Meanwhile, Yara and Javier went to Barcelona for the Rosa Clará runway show that had been planned the previous week. Ion Fiz had a show with the girls. After an angels and devils themed photo shoot, Rouzic nominated Yara for elimination. A nude runway in which the girls wore nothing but the bags they carried took place after that. Josie decided to nominate Nora for elimination, while Marie-Ange nominated Amparo.
- Nominated for elimination: Maria Amparo Gracía, Nora Gárate & Yara Cobo
Catalina and Amparo were given makeovers, and Mamen was chosen as the model of the week. The contestants later had a roller-blade runway show in pairs, and Arturo, Iván and Mario were chosen as the new male nominees for elimination.
- Supermodel of the week: Mamen Solís
- Nominated for elimination: Arturo Galvéz, Iván Plata & Mario Rodríguez
Originally aired: 2–6 June 2008
The three nominees, Amparo, Nora, and Yara along with the other contestants walked in a gothic style runway show. Afterwards, the show reviewed a sexy bedroom photo shoot the contestants had earlier with Andres Amoros. At the end of the gala, it was revealed that Nora had received the least amount of votes, and she was eliminated.
- Eliminated: Nora Gárate
The opening runway show the next day was an homage to Yves Saint Laurent. The first male contestant saved from elimination was Ivan. Afterwards, the show went over footage of new modeling classes and a vampire photo shoot, and the final fashion show of the day took place. Immediately after this Mario was eliminated from the competition.
- Eliminated: Mario Rodríguez
The remaining 16 models walked for Elio Berhanyer and had a photo shoot where they posed as statues. Belen was given immunity from elimination. She was also given the chance to walk in an important show in Mallorca. The models then had a dance lesson with Adrián Herrero and a second fashion show after which Arturo was given immunity. Marie-Ange declared that Mamen had been the best during the shows, and the contestants learned that they would be having a photo shoot session with Vicent Calderon. Mamen and Andrés were also selected for an individual shoot for Fórmula Joven.
- Immune from elimination: Arturo Galvéz & Belén Alarcón
On the following day, the male nominations took place. The contestants were scolded for enjoying time off instead of practicing for the runway, a show with designs from Luis Mercader. Luis was nominated for elimination once again. The models had their photo shoot with Vicente Calderon, with the exception of Mamen and Andrés, who had their shoot for Fórmula Joven. After a final runway show, Oliver and Aaron were nominated for elimination.
- Nominated for elimination: Aaron Marínez, Luis Jiménez & Oliver Baggerman
Andrés, Mamen and Raquel received makeovers, and two new contestants, Benito and Marcela, entered the competition. Catalina was chosen as the model of the week, and was rewarded with €1,000 to go shopping. After a runway show and photo shoot, Yara's poor performance earned her a nomination. The models also had a dinner to cheer their spirits. This was followed by a geeky and nerdy runway show the following day, where Eva and Raquel were nominated for elimination. In the end, it was revealed that there would be a double elimination at the beginning of the following week.
- Entered: Benito Daza & Marcela Fuentes
- Supermodel of the week: Catalina Aguilar
- Nominated for elimination: Eva Prieto, Raquel Martínez & Yara Cobo
Originally aired: 9–13 June 2008
The models explored femininity and masculinity, and took part in an androgynous runway show. Out of the three male nominees, Luis was chosen by the public to be eliminated. The show then went over footage of a sexy kissing photo shoot session, and a trip where the contestants traveled to Zaragoza for a fashion exposition. After a second fashion show celebrating ethnicity, the results of the female nominees were revealed, and Raquel was eliminated from the competition.
- Eliminated: Luis Jiménez & Raquel Martínez
Tension in the training center mounted over food consumption. The remaining models had a body painting fashion show and shoot with the colors of the spanish flag for the 2008 UEFA European Football Championship. After a second runway show with designs by Miguel Suay, Javier was given immunity. The models later had a bathing suit show with Paula Vázquez, and a final show separated into two groups led by Arturo and Belen. Marie-Ange chose Belen's group as the winners. After this, Eva was granted immunity.
- Immune from elimination: Eva Prieto & Javier Vázquez
- Nominated for elimination: Marcela Fuentes, Maria Amparo Gracía & Yara Cobo
- Nominated for elimination: Andrés Moreno, Benito Daza & Iván Plata
Originally aired: 16–20 June 2008
- Eliminated: Benito Daza & Marcela Fuentes
- Eliminated: Andrés Moreno & Catalina Aguilar
- Supermodel of the week: Maria Amparo Gracía
- Eliminated: Arturo Galvéz & Yara Cobo
- Eliminated: Iván Plata & Mamen Solís
- Eliminated: Aaron Marínez & Belén Alarcón
- Runners-up: Javier Vázquez & Maria Amparo Gracía
- Supermodelo 2008: Eva Prieto & Oliver Baggerman
(ages stated are at start of contest)
|Luis Jiménez||23||Palma de Mallorca||8th|
|Javier Vázquez||22||A Coruña||Runner-up|
|Maria Amparo Gracía||20||Valencia|
|(5/19) - (5/23)||(5/26) - (5/30)||(6/2) - (6/6)||(6/9) - (6/13)||(6/16)||(6/17)||(6/18)||(6/19)||(6/20)|
|Ma. Amparo||SAFE||NOM||SAFE||NOM||SAFE||SAFE||SAFE ★||FINAL|
- ★ The contestant was chosen as the model of the week
- IMMUNE The contestant was exempt from elimination
- NOM The contestant was nominated for elimination
- ELIM The contestant was eliminated
- FINAL The contestant advanced to the finale
- WINNER The contestant won the competition
- Beginning on June 17 after the final eliminations based on the nominations of week 4, the remaining contestants were eliminated based solely on the public vote. The final six (Aaron, Amparo, Belén, Eva, Javier, and Oliver) participated in the live final, where Eva and Oliver were crowned as the winners.
Judges and mentors
- Eloísa González - host
- Marie-Ange Schmitt-Lebreton - head of the training center; former model & judge
- Emmanuel Rouzic - photographer & judge
- José "Josie" Fernández-Pacheco - styling professor & judge
- Adrián Herrero - dance instructor
- Andrés Amorós - assistant photographer
- Fiona Ferrer Leoni - fashion coordinator
- Hernando Herrera - male runway coach
- Jimmy Roca - fitness coach
- Laura Romero - makeup artist
- Martina Miserachs - nutritionist
- Monserrat Heras - female runway coach
- Raquel Peñaranda - assistant photographer
- Ricardo Jordán - acting instructor
|Episode||Air date||Viewers & share|
|1||28 April 2008||1,060,000 (9.1%)|
|2||29 April 2008||845,000 (7.2%)|
|3||30 April 2008||704,000 (6.0%)|
|4||1 May 2008||669,000 (5.8%)|
|5||2 May 2008||678,000 (5.8%)|
|6||5 May 2008||732,000 (6.2%)|
|7||6 May 2008||771,000 (6.6%)|
|8||7 May 2008||747,000 (6.3%)|
|9||8 May 2008||657,000 (5.5%)|
|10||9 May 2008||717,000 (5.8%)|
|11||12 May 2008||754,000 (6.2%)|
|12||13 May 2008||612,000 (5.2%)|
|13||14 May 2008||632,000 (5.3%)|
|14||15 May 2008||756,000 (6.5%)|
|15||16 May 2008||747,000 (6.2%)|
|16||19 May 2008||744,000 (6.3%)|
|17||20 May 2008||567,000 (5.0%)|
|18||21 May 2008||557,000 (4.8%)|
|19||22 May 2008||569,000 (5.1%)|
|20||23 May 2008||539,000 (4.6%)|
|21||26 May 2008||655,000 (5.4%)|
|22||27 May 2008||633,000 (5.2%)|
|23||28 May 2008||551,000 (4.6%)|
|24||29 May 2008||713,000 (6.0%)|
|25||30 May 2008||751,000 (6.2%)|
|26||2 June 2008||725,000 (5.7%)|
|27||3 June 2008||640,000 (5.3%)|
|28||4 June 2008||630,000 (5.1%)|
|29||5 June 2008||642,000 (5.3%)|
|30||6 June 2008||456,000 (3.9%)|
|31||9 June 2008||518,000 (4.1%)|
|32||11 June 2008||491,000 (4.1%)|
|33||12 June 2008||491,000 (4.2%)|
|34||13 June 2008||564,000 (4.8%)|
|35||16 June 2008||656,000 (5.3%)|
|36||17 June 2008||543,000 (4.7%)|
|37||18 June 2008||531,000 (4.6%)|
|38||19 June 2008||484,000 (4.3%)|
|39||20 June 2008||576,000 (4.9%)|
- 'Supermodelo 2008' arranca el 19 de mayo con Eloísa González » Noticias Televisión FormulaTV.com