Supernatural (season 15)
|Supernatural (season 15)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||5|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||October 10, 2019 –|
The fifteenth and final season of Supernatural, an American dark fantasy television series created by Eric Kripke, premiered on The CW on October 10, 2019. The season will consist of 20 episodes and airs on Thursdays at 8:00 pm (ET) and will move to Mondays at 8:00 pm beginning March 16, 2020. The series finale is scheduled to air on May 18, 2020. This is the fourth and final season with Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer as showrunners.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester
- Alexander Calvert as Belphegor[a]
- Misha Collins as Castiel[b]
- Ruth Connell as Rowena MacLeod
- David Haydn-Jones as Arthur Ketch
- Osric Chau as Kevin Tran
- Rob Benedict as Chuck Shurley / God
- Emily Swallow as Amara / The Darkness
- Emily Perkins as Becky Rosen
- Ty Olsson as Benny Lafitte
- Jake Abel as Adam Milligan
- Shoshannah Stern as Eileen Leahy
- Christian Kane as Leo Webb
- Kim Rhodes as Sheriff Jody Mills
- Anna Grace Barlow as Lilith / Ashley Monroe
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|308||1||"Back and to the Future"||John Showalter||Andrew Dabb||October 10, 2019||T13.21752||1.23|
|The Winchesters and Castiel barricade themselves in a mausoleum in an attempt to escape the zombie horde. While trying to find a way out, the demon Belphegor possesses Jack's corpse and offers his help, blasting the souls out of the reanimated corpses. With an infestation of ghosts on the loose, the three reluctantly form an alliance with the demon. With the nearby town of Harlan, Kansas in danger, the Winchesters and Castiel begin an evacuation while facing off with many ghosts, including former enemies Constance Welch, Mary Worthington and John Wayne Gacy. The group manages to safely evacuate most of the town and Belphegor casts a spell that traps the ghosts inside the abandoned town. However, he reveals that there were two to three billion souls in Hell who were all released when Chuck opened the doors. Additionally, this opened Lucifer's Cage, potentially releasing Michael to wreak havoc as well. Castiel proves unable to heal Sam's gunshot wound from when he tried to kill Chuck and discovers a strange energy he has never felt before blocking Castiel's powers. With only a day or two to sort things out before the real authorities show up, Sam suggests that if they stop the end of the world this time, they will truly be free as Chuck has abandoned their world as he did other worlds in the past such as Apocalypse World.|
|309||2||"Raising Hell"||Robert Singer||Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming||October 17, 2019||T13.21753||1.16|
|Still in Harlan, Kansas, the Winchesters and their hunter allies struggle to contain both the ghosts and the restless citizens as the barrier begins to weaken. Led by Francis Tumblety, better known as the infamous serial killer Jack the Ripper, the ghosts plot their escape while killing as many people as they can. The Winchesters are joined by Rowena, who works on a spell to more permanently contain the ghosts and Arthur Ketch who reveals he was hired by a demon named Ardat to assassinate Belphegor. To their surprise, Sam and Dean also receive help from the ghost of Kevin Tran who had been cast into Hell instead of Heaven as Chuck claimed. The Winchesters succeed in containing the ghosts in a crystal, but more rise from Hell. Having learned that he cannot go to Heaven, Kevin decides to wander the Earth as a ghost rather than risk returning to Hell. At the same time, Chuck seeks the help of Amara in Reno, Nevada. Chuck is revealed to have been severely weakened and diminished when Sam shot him and Amara, seeing that her brother hasn't changed from the petulant narcissistic being he always was, refuses to help and abandons her brother who is trapped on Earth and has developed a link with Sam.|
|310||3||"The Rupture"||Charles Beeson||Robert Berens||October 24, 2019||T13.21754||1.24|
|Rowena attempts to use a spell from the Book of the Damned to strengthen the barrier, but discovers that the barrier is too weak and will inevitably fall. Belphegor offers a solution where they retrieve Lilith's crook from Hell and use it to draw in all of the escaped souls and demons while Sam and Rowena perform a spell to close the rupture. At the same time, the demon Ardat brutally murders Arthur Ketch while seeking out Belphegor who travels into Hell with Castiel. After they retrieve the crook, Ardat attacks, revealing that Belphegor is using the Winchesters to gain power in Hell for himself. Belphegor kills Ardat and attempts to draw all of the souls and demons inside of himself to gain unlimited power, but is smote by Castiel, destroying the crook. With no other way, Rowena decides to use a spell that requires the sacrifice of her own life to draw the souls and demons inside of herself and then travel into Hell. At Rowena's request, Sam reluctantly fatally stabs Rowena who casts the souls and demons back into Hell. Sam and Dean are left devastated by the losses of Arthur and Rowena and Dean accuses Castiel of being responsible for everything going wrong. Realizing that Dean still blames him for Mary's death, Castiel reveals that his powers are failing and decides that its time to move on with the situation seemingly under control.|
|311||4||"Atomic Monsters"||Jensen Ackles||Davy Perez||November 7, 2019||T13.21751||1.10|
|Sam experiences a nightmare where he, under the influence of demon blood, appears to be leading several demons and kills several hunters including Dean and his old vampire friend Benny. Still reeling from the death of Rowena, Sam reluctantly joins Dean on a hunt in Beaverdale, Iowa where the head cheerleader, Suzie, was apparently killed by a vampire and another cheerleader, Tory, was abducted. Using security footage of the abduction, the Winchesters identify Suzie's boyfriend Billy's family as the culprits and rescue Tory. Billy was recently turned into a vampire and accidentally killed Suzie when he lost control of his bloodlust. Though his parents have been trying to protect him, a guilt-ridden Billy recognizes that he has become a monster and has his parents blame the murder and kidnapping on him while the Winchesters take Billy out into the woods to kill him. While Dean wants to continue fighting monsters for the sake of the people who have believed in them, Sam displays a more cynical and depressed view. At the same time, God visits Becky Rosen, having lost his sense of purpose. Becky convinces him to start writing again, but is horrified by the dark ending God has in mind for the Winchesters. God makes Becky and her family vanish and begins preparing his plan to bring the Winchesters to a dark end.|
|312||5||"Proverbs 17:3"||Richard Speight Jr.||Steve Yockey||November 14, 2019||T13.21755||1.30|
|Sam continues to have nightmares of dark alternate worlds. After five strange deaths in Black Forest, Colorado, the Winchesters investigate and quickly learn that they are dealing with werewolves. The werewolves, brothers Andy and Josh, kidnap the last survivor of their attacks after Dean unexpectedly falls asleep. However, Andy, who hates what they are doing, kills his brother and then himself. The girl the Winchesters were protecting turns out to be Lilith, resurrected by God from the Empty and in search of The Equalizer, the gun God created to kill Jack. Lilith destroys the gun and reveals that God's intended endgame is for the Winchesters to kill each other. Sam speculates that his dreams are him seeing God's possible endings due to the link created when he shot God. Though Sam refuses to give up, Dean believes the situation to be bleak.|
|313||6||"Golden Time"||John Showalter||Meredith Glynn||November 21, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|314||7||"Last Call"||Amyn Kaderali||Jeremy Adams||December 5, 2019||TBA||TBD|
On January 31, 2019, The CW renewed the series for a fifteenth season. On March 22, series stars Jared Padalecki, Jensen Ackles, and Misha Collins announced that the 20-episode fifteenth season of Supernatural would also be its last. Ackles, who last directed the episode "The Bad Seed" from the eleventh season, directed the first episode filmed for the season, which aired chronologically as the fourth episode. Other cast members directing episodes for the season include returning director Richard Speight Jr. and young John Winchester actor Matt Cohen. Jake Abel will reprise his role as the Winchesters' long-lost half-brother Adam Milligan, who last appeared in the fifth-season finale.
|1||"Back and to the Future"||October 10, 2019||0.4/2||1.23||0.2||0.72||0.6||1.95|
|2||"Raising Hell"||October 17, 2019||0.3/2||1.16||0.3||0.69||0.6||1.85|
|3||"The Rupture"||October 24, 2019||0.3/2||1.24||0.2||0.69||0.5||1.94|
|4||"Atomic Monsters"||November 7, 2019||0.3/2||1.10||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|5||"Proverbs 17:3"||November 14, 2019||0.3/2||1.30||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Calvert is only credited for his respective episode appearances.
- Collins is only credited for his respective episode appearances.
- Agard, Chancellor (June 20, 2018). "The CW reveals fall 2018 premiere dates: Arrow swaps with Legends of Tomorrow". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Swift, Andy (November 8, 2019). "The CW Sets Katy Keene Series Premiere Date, Plus New Seasons of Roswell and Legends of Tomorrow". TVLine. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Gelman, Vlada (November 8, 2019). "Supernatural and Arrow Get Series Finale Dates at The CW". TVLine. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Peters, Megan (September 28, 2019). "Supernatural Will Send Out an SOS in "Raising Hell"". Comicbook.com. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- Rudolph, Ileane (September 26, 2019). "'Supernatural's Final Season Will Bring Back the Winchesters' Dead Allies". TV Insider. Retrieved September 28, 2019.
- Highfill, Samantha (July 24, 2019). "Everything we know about Supernatural season 15 so far". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 25, 2019.
- Highfill, Samantha (September 30, 2019). "Angel alum Christian Kane to guest star on final season of Supernatural". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved October 1, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (October 11, 2019). "'Grey's Anatomy' and 'Evil' adjust up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 11, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (October 18, 2019). "'Young Sheldon' and 'Legacies' adjust up, 'How to Get Away with Murder' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 18, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (October 25, 2019). "'Law & Order: SVU' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (November 8, 2019). "Chargers vs. Raiders adjusts up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 8, 2019.
- Rejent, Joseph (November 15, 2019). "Thursday Night Football and 'Superstore' adjust up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 15, 2019.
- "(#1506) "Golden Time"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 1, 2019.
- "(#1507) "Last Call"". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 15, 2019.
- Goldberg, Lesley (January 31, 2019). "CW Renews 'The Flash,' 'Charmed,' 'Riverdale,' 'Supernatural,' 6 More". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved January 31, 2019.
- Gelman, Vlada (March 22, 2019). "Supernatural to End With Season 15". TVLine. Retrieved March 22, 2019.
- "Supernatural: Season 15". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 25, 2019.
- Thorne, Will (October 22, 2019). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 7: 'This Is Us' Overtakes 'Masked Singer'". Variety. Retrieved October 22, 2019.
- Pucci, Douglas (October 30, 2019). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Nancy Drew' and 'Riverdale' Top Broadcast Network Telecasts in Adults 18-49 Percentage Gains". Programming Insider. Retrieved October 30, 2019.
- Pucci, Douglas (November 6, 2019). "Live+7 Weekly Ratings: 'Supergirl' Leads Broadcast Network Entries in Adults 18-49 Percentage Lifts". Programming Insider. Retrieved November 6, 2019.