Supernatural (season 14)
|Supernatural (season 14)|
|Country of origin||United States|
|No. of episodes||9|
|Original network||The CW|
|Original release||October 11, 2018– present|
The fourteenth season of Supernatural, an American dark fantasy television series created by Eric Kripke, premiered on October 11, 2018, on The CW. The season will consist of 20 episodes and airs on Thursdays at 8:00 pm (ET). This is the third season with Andrew Dabb and Robert Singer as showrunners.
The thirteenth episode of the season will mark the 300th episode of the series.
- Jared Padalecki as Sam Winchester
- Jensen Ackles as Dean Winchester / Michael
- Mark Pellegrino as Nick
- Alexander Calvert as Jack Kline
- Misha Collins as Castiel
Special guest stars
- Samantha Smith as Mary Winchester
- Danneel Ackles as Sister Jo / Anael
- Katherine Evans as Maggie
- Dean Armstrong as Kip
- Meganne Young as Lydia Crawford
- Kim Rhodes as Sheriff Jody Mills
- Yadira Guevara-Prip as Kaia Nieves
- Genevieve Buechner as Samantha Juarez
- Aaron Paul Stewart as Dirk Winchell
- Kurt Ostlund as Stuart Blake
- Leah Cairns as Sasha Rawling
- Chris Patrick-Simpson as Neil
- Maddie Phillips as Harper Sayles
- Felicia Day as Charlie Bradbury
- Ruth Connell as Rowena MacLeod
- Dimitri Vantis as Sergei / Shaman
- Erica Cerra as Dumah / The Shadow
- Veronica Cartwright as Lily Sunder
- Amanda Tapping as Naomi
- Courtney Ford as Kelly Kline
- Briana Buckmaster as Sheriff Donna Hanscum
- David Haydn-Jones as Arthur Ketch
- Felisha Terrell as Michael
- Kathryn Newton as Claire Novak
- Katherine Ramdeen as Alex Jones
- Clark Backo as Patience Turner
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan as John Winchester
|Title||Directed by||Written by||Original air date||Prod.|
|288||1||"Stranger in a Strange Land"||Thomas J. Wright||Andrew Dabb||October 11, 2018||T13.21151||1.49|
|In the weeks since his possession of Dean, Michael has begun visiting various people and asking the question "what do you want?" while he tries to figure out the answer in regards to himself. One of these people is the angel Anael who has returned to life on Earth following Lucifer's departure from Heaven. Anael later calls Sam to warn him of Michael allying with vampires. Meanwhile, Jack is struggling to adapt to life as a human without his powers and is trained by Bobby Singer without much success. Sam is the leader of a new hunter network and runs himself ragged in search of Dean. Sam learns from Lucifer's former vessel Nick, who survived Lucifer's death, that Michael plans to "do it right this time," but nothing else. In an attempt to find Dean, Castiel meets with the demon Kip, who ambushes Castiel in hopes of making a deal with Sam to become the new King of Hell. After a massive brawl, Sam kills Kip and makes it clear to the remaining demons that there will be no more Kings of Hell. The demons then flee in fear.|
|289||2||"Gods and Monsters"||Richard Speight Jr.||Brad Buckner & Eugenie Ross-Leming||October 18, 2018||T13.21152||1.53|
|Still struggling without his powers, Jack visits his grandparents to find a familial connection. He learns more about his mother, but can't bring himself to tell his grandparents who he is or that Kelly is dead. Nick becomes more aggressive and begins to display Lucifer-like behaviors, causing Castiel to suspect that Lucifer did more damage to Nick's psyche than was thought. Learning that the murders of his wife and infant son were never solved, Nick sets out to get revenge. Nick visits his old neighbor Arty, the only witness, for answers. After learning what he knows, Nick kills Arty with a hammer, the same way his family was murdered. Michael performs experiments on enhancing monsters using angel grace, burning out a nest of vampires in the process. Michael's experiments draw the attention of Sam, Bobby, and Mary Winchester, who investigate while Michael makes a deal with a pack of werewolves to build an army of monsters and wipe out the human race. Michael's enhanced werewolves attack the hunters and prove to be immune to silver, but not decapitation. After the fight, Dean suddenly arrives with Michael no longer possessing his body, having left on his own.|
|290||3||"The Scar"||Robert Singer||Robert Berens||October 25, 2018||T13.21153||1.39|
|To understand why Michael left Dean’s body, Castiel locates a memory of Michael being attacked by a hooded figure with a spear that the Winchesters recognize as Kaia Nieves' killer from The Bad Place. The Winchesters team up with Jody Mills, who has been investigating a series of murders where the victims, revealed to be Michael's enhanced monsters, all have scars that match the one on Dean’s arm from the spear. The Winchesters and Jody capture the hooded figure, who they realize is Kaia's Bad Place doppelgänger. She is also a dreamwalker and has been sharing visions with their Kaia her whole life. When Michael's enhanced vampires attack, Kaia saves their lives and departs with the spear. Dean confesses to Sam that he blames himself for Michael's rampage. Jack, feeling useless without his powers, tries to leave the bunker but takes interest in a young woman named Laura rescued from a witch who is inexplicably aging to death. Though Laura dies, Jack pieces together clues she told him about the witch's actions to restore her life force. Castiel congratulates Jack for saving Laura without his powers and Jack hides the fact that he is now coughing up blood.|
|291||4||"Mint Condition"||Amyn Kaderali||Davy Perez||November 1, 2018||T13.21154||1.46|
|On Halloween, Sam pulls Dean out of his room, where he's been hiding out and watching scary movies, to investigate a case in Salem, Ohio where an action figure came to life and attacked its owner, Stuart. After both Stuart and Dean are attacked by an invisible figure with a chainsaw, its determined that they are dealing with the vengeful spirit of a comic shop owner who is angry at Stuart for always stealing from the shop. Possessing a life-sized figure of Dean's favorite horror movie character, David Yeager, the ghost attacks Dean in the hospital where he is protecting Stuart. Sam manages to destroy the ghost and later reveals that he hates Halloween because of a traumatic event in his childhood where he was embarrassed in front of a girl he liked. At the hospital, a security guard notices the lights flickering and the action figure recites his "trick or treat" catch-phrase, suggesting that the ghost may not be really gone.|
|292||5||"Nightmare Logic"||Darren Grant||Meredith Glynn||November 8, 2018||T13.21155||1.43|
|While working her first solo case, Maggie disappears. From her body camera, Sam and Dean learn that Maggie was ambushed by what appeared to be a ghoul. Investigating, they find that their mother and Bobby are investigating the same case. The four discover the body of another hunter and manifestations that make them suspect that the owner of the house, who is comatose following an apparent stroke, is a psychic who is bending reality around him. As Sam rescues Maggie from the attic and Mary and Bobby face a manifestation of Bobby's dead son Daniel in the woods, Dean realizes that the home owner's nurse Neil is a djinn, enhanced by Michael's experiments. Neil reveals that he was left as a trap for hunters by Michael and that there are dozens of similar traps all over the place. After mysteriously proving immune to Neil's powers, Dean is able to kill him, ending Neil's manifestations. Sam and Dean spread the word to other hunters while Bobby tells Mary how since he lost Daniel, hunting is all he's had. Mary and Bobby take a sabbatical at Donna Hanscum's cabin for Bobby to heal and to find something else to live for.|
|293||6||"Optimism"||Richard Speight Jr.||Steve Yockey||November 15, 2018||T13.21156||1.48|
|Jack convinces Dean to work the case of a young man mysteriously murdered in McCook, Nebraska with him. Dean and Jack discover that the local librarian, Harper Sayles, has a bad history with men and suspect her to be cursed. The culprit turns out to be Harper's old boyfriend Vance who is a zombie while Harper is the necromancer that resurrected him and targets her potential boyfriends to feed Vance. Dean and Jack manage to kill Vance, but Harper escapes and develops an obsession with Jack. The case convinces Dean to give Jack a chance at being a hunter. At the same time, Sam works a case with Charlie Bradbury in Memphis, Tennessee. The two determine that they are dealing with a rogue insectoid monster known as a musca and kill the monster, rescuing its latest victim. Throughout the hunt, Charlie reveals many of the differences between her and the Charlie that the Winchesters once knew and expresses a desire to leave hunting after the case and go off on her own. Sam convinces Charlie to reconsider leaving. During the episode, Jack's strange cough persists. At the end of the episode, Jack coughs up blood in front of Dean before suddenly collapsing, bleeding from his nose and mouth.|
|294||7||"Unhuman Nature"||John Showalter||Eugenie Ross-Leming & Brad Buckner||November 29, 2018||T13.21157||1.49|
|Rowena determines that Jack's condition is a result of his human and angel sides attacking each other without his grace maintaining a balance. Sam decides to contact a shaman named Sergei for help while Jack decides to live the remainder of his life to the fullest with the help of Dean, who displays mysterious dizzy spells. Sergei provides Castiel with some of Gabriel's grace and a spell to fix Jack's condition in exchange for the Winchesters owing him a favor. Rowena performs the spell, but Jack only grows worse with Sergei telling Castiel that it was an experiment. Rowena proclaims that there is nothing more they can do for Jack but be there for him as he dies. Based on the information he learned from his former neighbor Arty, Nick tracks down a former cop named Frank Kellogg and tortures him for information about his family's murders. Frank reveals that he murdered Nick's family after encountering a man named Abraxas, who Nick realizes was a demon who had possessed Frank to commit the murders. Nick then bludgeons Frank to death with a hammer. Having realized he enjoyed being Lucifer's vessel, Nick prays to the archangel, causing a skeletal figure with red eyes to rise in the Empty.|
|295||8||"Byzantium"||Eduardo Sánchez||Meredith Glynn||December 6, 2018||T13.21158||1.53|
|Jack dies of his condition, leaving the Winchesters and Castiel in mourning. In an attempt to save Jack, Sam contacts angel expert Lily Sunder, now an old woman, who suggests that they can resurrect Jack and cure him with her magic which will use the power of Jack's own soul to sustain him. In return, Lily asks the Winchesters and Castiel to ensure her admittance into Heaven. Lily explains that she still has a piece of her soul left and she wants to get into Heaven to ensure that she will be reunited with her daughter. The Winchesters summon Anubis who determines that Lily will go to Hell and explains that the choices a person makes in life determines their ultimate fate. Despite this, Dean convinces Lily to help them. In Heaven, Jack is chased by a dark force and is reunited with his mother Kelly Kline. As part of their plan, Castiel travels into Heaven where he learns from Naomi that the entity from The Empty has come seeking Jack's soul. With the angels being consumed by the entity, Castiel locates Jack, only to come face to face with the entity. Castiel makes a deal with the entity to trade himself for Jack, a deal that the entity chooses not to collect upon right away. In thanks, Naomi provides Castiel with Michael's location. Castiel and Lily succeed in resurrecting Jack, but the effort causes Lily to suffer a fatal heart attack. Lily is judged worthy of Heaven by Anubis and is allowed to be reunited with her daughter at long last.|
|296||9||"The Spear"||Amyn Kaderali||Robert Berens||December 13, 2018||T13.21159||1.43|
|Having located the hyperbolic pulse generator, Arthur Ketch mails it to the Winchesters. At the same time, Garth goes undercover amongst Michael's monsters and discovers that Michael, now in a female vessel, has monsters ready to turn the entire population of Kansas City, Missouri into his monster army. Garth warns Sam, but is forced to accept Michael's enhancements. While Sam and Jack go after the hyperbolic pulse generator, Dean and Castiel go after Kaia who provides them with her spear in exchange for them helping her to return home to the Bad Place after Michael is defeated. At the same time, Michael destroys the hyperbolic pulse generator and abducts Jack. Sam is able to rescue Jack, but Garth falls under Michael's influence and attacks, forcing Sam to subdue him. Reunited, Sam, Dean, Jack and Castiel launch an attack on Michael with Kaia's spear. Dean appears about to kill Michael when the archangel suddenly repossesses him and destroys the weapon. Michael reveals that Dean had been fighting him so much that he allowed Dean to go in order to break Dean's spirit before using the crack he left in Dean's mind to repossess him. Michael triumphantly announces that Dean is gone and gives his army the signal to attack.|
|297||10||TBA||Amanda Tapping||TBA||January 17, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|298||11||TBA||Phil Sgriccia||TBA||January 24, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|299||12||TBA||Thomas J. Wright||TBA||January 31, 2019||TBA||TBD|
|300||13||"Lebanon"||Robert Singer||Andrew Dabb & Meredith Glynn||February 7, 2019||TBA||TBD|
Amyn Kaderali will direct the fourteenth episode of the season.
On April 2, 2018, The CW renewed the series for a fourteenth season. In June, it was revealed that the fourteenth season would contain only 20 episodes, the series' shortest season since the third season which was only 16 episodes due to the 2007–08 Writers Guild of America strike.
|1||"Stranger in a Strange Land"||October 11, 2018||0.5/2||1.49||0.3||0.95||0.8||2.45|
|2||"Gods and Monsters"||October 18, 2018||0.5/2||1.53||0.3||0.95||0.8||2.49|
|3||"The Scar"||October 25, 2018||0.4/2||1.39||0.3||0.83||0.7||2.23|
|4||"Mint Condition"||November 1, 2018||0.4/2||1.46||0.3||0.75||0.7||2.21|
|5||"Nightmare Logic"||November 8, 2018||0.3/1||1.43||0.3||0.86||0.6||2.21|
|6||"Optimism"||November 15, 2018||0.4/2||1.48||0.4||0.86||0.8||2.34|
|7||"Unhuman Nature"||November 29, 2018||0.4/2||1.49||0.3||0.90||0.7||2.39|
|8||"Byzantium"||December 6, 2018||0.5/2||1.53||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
|9||"The Spear"||December 13, 2018||0.4/2||1.43||TBD||TBD||TBD||TBD|
- Agard, Chancellor (June 20, 2018). "The CW reveals fall 2018 premiere dates: Arrow swaps with Legends of Tomorrow". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved June 20, 2018.
- Gelman, Vlada (July 22, 2018). "Supernatural Boss Teases Episode 300: It Will Be 'Heartwarming, With Murder'". TVLine. Retrieved August 31, 2018.
- Highfill, Samantha (May 17, 2018). "Supernatural: Jensen Ackles' new character revealed". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved July 17, 2018.
- Gelman, Vlada (October 11, 2018). "Supernatural Recap: Touched by an Archangel — Plus, [Spoiler] Is Alive?!". TVLine. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Beaver, Jim [@jumblejim] (July 11, 2018). "Day 1 of season 14 down. I'm starting to think they can't kill this show off any easier than they can kill off the characters in it" (Tweet). Retrieved July 17, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Lu, Anne (October 12, 2018). "'Supernatural' 14x01 review: 'Stranger in a Strange Land' refuses to kill character". International Business Times. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- Rudolph, Ileane (October 18, 2018). "Could Jack Still Follow Lucifer's Path? 'Supernatural' Star Alexander Calvert Weighs In". Fremont Tribune. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- Polus, Sarah (October 11, 2018). "What's on TV tonight: 'Supernatural' returns". The Washington Post. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Murray, Rebecca (October 18, 2018). "'Supernatural' Season 14 Episode 2 Photos, Trailer and Plot Details". Showbiz Junkies. Retrieved October 25, 2018.
- Hatchett, Keisha (July 22, 2018). "Supernatural: The Wayward Sisters Will Be Back!". TV Guide. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Lu, Anne (October 27, 2018). "'Supernatural' 14x03: 'The Scar' welcomes Dean back, Sam's beard, Jack's dads". International Business Times. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- Harjo, Noetta (November 1, 2018). "SUPERNATURAL Recap: (S14E04) Mint Condition". Geek Girl Authority. Retrieved November 3, 2018.
- Harjo, Noetta (November 8, 2018). "SUPERNATURAL Recap: (S14E05) Nightmare Logic". Geek Girl Authority. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- Bement, Colleen (November 12, 2018). "Maddie Phillips returns to 'Supernatural' and has stories to share". Nerd Alert News. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Preston, Tori (November 16, 2018). "'Supernatural' Does 'The Fly' And 'Afterlife With Archie' (But Hey, Felicia Day Is Back!)". Pajiba. Retrieved November 21, 2018.
- Stockly, Ed (November 28, 2018). "Thursday's TV highlights: 'Supernatural' on the CW". Los Angeles Times. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- Becky (December 8, 2018). "'Supernatural' Season 14, Episode 8 Review: "Byzantium"". Nerds and Beyond. Retrieved December 13, 2018.
- Preston, Tori (December 7, 2018). "'Supernatural' Recap: Death, Resurrection, Sacrifice And Secrets. So, The Usual". Pajiba. Retrieved December 11, 2018.
- Highfill, Samantha (August 15, 2018). "Supernatural boss: All the Wayward Sisters will return in 'multiple episodes this season'". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved August 15, 2018.
- Highfill, Samantha (December 12, 2018). "Jeffrey Dean Morgan returning to Supernatural as John Winchester for 300th episode". Entertainment Weekly. Retrieved December 12, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 12, 2018). "'Big Bang Theory' and 'Thursday Night Football' adjust up, 'I Feel Bad' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 12, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 19, 2018). "'Big Bang Theory,' 'Superstore,' and 'Thursday Night Football' adjust up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 19, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (October 26, 2018). "'Big Bang Theory,' 'Supernatural,' and 'Thursday Night Football' adjust up, 'Will & Grace' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved October 26, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 2, 2018). "'Grey's Anatomy,' 'Superstore,' and more adjust up, 'I Feel Bad' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 2, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 9, 2018). "'Thursday Night Football' adjusts up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 9, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (November 16, 2018). "'Thursday Night Football' adjusts up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved November 16, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 3, 2018). "'SWAT' and 'Thursday Night Football' adjust up: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 7, 2018). "'Thursday Night Football' adjusts up, 'Mom' adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 7, 2018.
- Welch, Alex (December 14, 2018). "'Thursday Night Football' adjusts up, 'Young Sheldon' rerun adjusts down: Thursday final ratings". TV by the Numbers. Retrieved December 14, 2018.
- Michaels, Jim [@TheJimMichaels] (October 18, 2018). "We are tech scouting again here at @cw_son #Supernatural #spnfamily with @amandatapping at the helm of episode 10! This marks our halfway mark of the season!" (Tweet). Retrieved October 18, 2018 – via Twitter.
- "Shows A-Z - supernatural on cw". The Futon Critic. Retrieved November 29, 2018.
- Michaels, Jim [@TheJimMichaels] (October 30, 2018). "We are tech scouting here at @cw_son #Supernatural #spnfamily with Phil Sgriccia at the helm of episode 11! His first time in the Director's chair for us this season!" (Tweet). Retrieved October 30, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Michaels, Jim [@TheJimMichaels] (November 9, 2018). "We are tech scouting here at @cw_son #Supernatural #spnfamily with @T2000patrone Thomas J Wright at the helm of episode 12! Episode #299!" (Tweet). Retrieved November 9, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Gelman, Vlada (July 22, 2018). "Supernatural @ Comic-Con: Sam's New Leader Role, Fan Faves Return and More". TVLine. Retrieved July 22, 2018.
- Mason, Jessica (November 28, 2018). "The Supernatural Cast Talked to Us About Driving Lessons, Dangerous Ladies, and Episode 300's Plot". The Mary Sue. Retrieved December 6, 2018.
- Michaels, Jim [@TheJimMichaels] (December 12, 2018). "Time to tech scout episode #spn301 as we inch our way towards #SPN400? Do I hear 400? @cw_spn #spnfamily with @amynkaderali at the helm" (Tweet). Retrieved December 12, 2018 – via Twitter.
- Goldberg, Leslie (April 2, 2018). "'Riverdale,' 'Flash,' 'Supernatural' Among 10 CW Renewals". The Hollywood Reporter. Archived from the original on April 2, 2018. Retrieved April 2, 2018.
- Ausiello, Michael (June 22, 2018). "Supernatural's Season 14 Episode Order Is CW Series' Shortest in a Decade". TVLine. Archived from the original on June 23, 2018. Retrieved June 23, 2018.
- "Supernatural: Season 14". Rotten Tomatoes. Retrieved October 18, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (October 23, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 8: Manifest Doubles In Week 3". Variety. Retrieved October 23, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 5, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 15: Big Bang Theory Pulls Ahead of Sunday Night Football". Variety. Retrieved November 5, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 12, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 22: Manifest Averaging 106% Growth". Variety. Retrieved November 12, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 19, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Oct. 29: Sunday Night Football Soars 66 Percent Versus Last Week". Variety. Retrieved November 19, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (November 26, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Nov. 5: Three Shows Post 150% Gains". Variety. Retrieved November 26, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (December 3, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Nov. 12: 18 Shows Rise by 100 Percent or More". Variety. Retrieved December 3, 2018.
- Otterson, Joe (December 17, 2018). "Live+7 Ratings for Week of Nov. 26: Fox Hits Highest Numbers in Nearly Three Years". Variety. Retrieved December 17, 2018.