|Studio album by Chet Atkins|
|Producer||Bob Ferguson, Chet Atkins|
|Chet Atkins chronology|
|Chet Atkins Collaborations chronology|
Superpickers is a 1974 album by guitarist Chet Atkins and top recording session players in Nashville, TN.
"Fiddlin' Around" reached No. 75 on the Billboard Country Singles chart.
|Allmusic||(no rating) |
Writing for Allmusic, critic William Ruhlmann wrote of the album "Atkins joins together with an A-list of Nashville session musicians for a set of picking extravaganzas... Atkins himself is goaded into some wonderful playing as a result, and Superpickers is one of his best albums."
- Superpickers was reissued on CD in 1998 along with Picks on the Hits by One Way Records.
- "Paramaribo" (John D. Loudermilk) – 2:27
- "Fiddlin' Around" (Johnny Gimble) – 3:06
- "Mr. Bojangles" (Jerry Jeff Walker) – 4:35
- "Beef and Biscuits" (Mat Camison) – 2:35
- "Sweet Dreams" (Don Gibson) – 2:44
- "Just Another Rag" (Atkins, Jerry Reed Hubbard) – 2:38
- "Canadian Pacific" (Ray Griff) – 3:50
- "City of New Orleans" (Steve Goodman) – 3:26
- "Bells of Saint Mary's" (Doug Tringer) – 2:51
- "Are You from Dixie ('Cause I'm from Dixie Too)" (George L. Cobb, Jack Yellen) – 3:02
- Chet Atkins - guitar
- Johnny Gimble - fiddle
- Buddy Spicher - fiddle
- Buddy Harman - drums
- Charlie McCoy - harmonica
- Weldon Myrick - pedal steel guitar
- Jerry Shook - guitar
- Farrell Morris – percussion
- Hargus "Pig" Robbins - piano
- Larrie Londin - drums
- Paul Yandell - guitar, ukulele
- Henry Strzelecki -bass
- Bobby Thompson - banjo, guitar