Suppression of Religious Houses Act 1539
|Long title||An Acte for dissolucion of the Abbeys.|
|Citation||31 Hen 8 c 13|
The Suppression of Religious Houses Act 1539 (31 Hen 8 c 13), sometimes referred to as the Second Act of Dissolution or as the Act for the Dissolution of the Greater Monasteries, was an Act of the Parliament of England.
Section 19 was repealed by section 1(1) of, and Part VIII of Schedule 1 to, the Statute Law (Repeals) Act 1989. The Law Commission and Scottish Law Commission had advised that section 19 was "spent".
- The citation of this Act by this short title was authorised by section 5 of, and Schedule 2 to, the Statute Law Revision Act 1948. Due to the repeal of those provisions, it is now authorised by section 19(2) of the Interpretation Act 1978.
- These words are printed against this Act in the second column of Schedule 2 to the Statute Law Revision Act 1948, which is headed "Title".
- Geoffrey Rudolph Elton. The Tudor Constitution: Documents and Commentary. Second Edition. Cambridge University Press. 1982. Page vii
- William John Hardy. Documents Illustrative of English Church History. Macmillan and Co Ltd. 1914. Page 281.
- Carr, Dorothy. The Reformation in England: To the Accession of Elizabeth I. St Martin's Press. New York. 1968. Page vi.
- The Law Commission and the Scottish Law Commission. Statute Law Revision: Thirteenth Report. Law Com 179. SLC 117. Cm 671. HMSO. London. May 1989. Page 108.
|This article relating to law in the United Kingdom, or its constituent jurisdictions, is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|