Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan
|Type||Working Under (Pakistan Bar Council)|
|Syed Kalim Khurshed|
The Supreme Court Bar Association (Urdu: سپریم کورٹ بار ایسوسی ایشن) is an association comprising the supreme court lawyers in Pakistan. The Legal Practitioners and Bar Councils Act 1973 provides for the forming, recognition and functioning of Bar Associations for supreme court lawyers working under the control of Pakistan Bar Council. It is an independent Bar association whose aim is to uphold the rule of law and the cause of justice and protect the interest of the legal profession as well as that of the public.
The Rules of the Supreme Court Bar Association of Pakistan, 1989 provides the detailed provisions for elections, meetings, its committees, disciplinary proceedings, powers and functions of the executive committee of the Bar Association etc. The SCBAP has 22 members, who are elected annually to manage the affairs and execute the functions of the SCBAP. The Executive Committee consisting of the President, Four Vice-Presidents (one from each Province), Secretary, Additional Secretary, Finance Secretary and Fourteen members elected from throughout Pakistan (at least two from each Province) by way of balloting.
Mission of the SCBAP
The Mission of the Supreme Court Bar Association is to promote professional excellence and respect for the rule of law.
Objects of the SCBAP
The objects of the Association are:
- To provide facilities to the members in performance of their professional duties
- To preserve, promote and safeguard the interest of the members
- To maintain higher professional standards of probity and integrity amongst its members and to check and eradicate unprofessional practices
- To aid and assist the Supreme Court in the administration of justice
- To advance the cause of justice and the rule of law
- To execute and implement all directions and decisions as made by the Pakistan Bar Council from time to time
- To do all other things as may be necessary to achieve the objects of then Association
Notable Former Presidents
- Asma Jahangir
- Malik Mohammad Qayyum
- Ali Ahmad Kurd
- Aitzaz Ahsan
- Munir A. Malik
- Justice Tariq Mahmood
- Hamid Khan (lawyer)
- Qazi Anwar
- Akram Sheikh
- Abid Hassan Minto
- Mohammad Yaseen Azad
- Kamran Murtaza
- Fazal-i-Haq Abbasi
- "Syed Ali Zafar (@SyedAliZafar1) | Twitter". twitter.com. Retrieved 2017-05-20.
|This article about an organization in Pakistan is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|