Supreme Court of Myanmar
|Supreme Court of the Republic of the Union of Myanmar|
|Location||Naypyitaw (near Pyinmana)|
|Motto||သီလ၊ သမာဓိ၊ ပညာ
Pali: sīla, samādhi, paññā
|Authorized by||Constitution of Myanmar|
|Judge term length||70 years retirement age|
|Number of positions||11|
|Currently||Htun Htun Oo|
|Since||30 March 2011|
The Supreme Court of Myanmar (Burmese: ပြည်ထောင်စုတရားလွှတ်တော်ချုပ်) is the highest judicial forum and final court of appeal under the Constitution of Myanmar, existing as an independent judicial entity, alongsite the legislative and executive branches. The Court is legally mandated to have 7 to 11 judges, including a Chief Justice.
The High Court Building, located between Maha Bandula Garden Street and Pansodan Street in Kyauktada Township, downtown Yangon, formerly housed the Supreme Court of Burma. The new high court has been moved to Office No.54, Naypyidaw, the country's new capital since 2006.
|Name||Appointed by||First day/
Length of service
|Htun Htun Oo||Deputy Chief Justice (2007-2011), Major in the Office of the Military Advocate General (1990-1994), Captain in the Tatmadaw Southwestern Regional Command (1981-1989)|
|Tha Htay||Union Election Commission member|
|Soe Nyunt||Supreme Court Civil Cases Department Director|
|Mya Thein||Supreme Court Managing Department Director|
|Myint Aung||Rangoon Regional High Court judge|
|Aung Zaw Thein||Deputy General Manager of the Bonds Management and Planning Department|
|Myint Han||Deputy Director at the Ministry of Mines|
- "The Supreme Court of the Union". The Supreme Court of the Union. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- Thinn, Nyo Nyo (2006). The Legal System in Myanmar and Foreign Legal Assistance. Law and Development Forum
- Reid & Grosberg (2005), p.105
- Shwe Yinn Mar Oo (21 February 2011). "Chief justice named, attorney general nominated". Myanmar Times. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Myanmar parliament appoints chief justice". Xinhua. 17 February 2011. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Supreme Court". Alternative Asean Network on Burma. Retrieved 9 July 2015.