Supreme People's Procuratorate
Zhōnghuá Rénmín Gònghéguó
Zuìgāo Rénmín Jiǎncháyuàn
Emblem of the People's Procuratorate of the People's Republic of China
|Formed||27 September 1954|
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Supreme People's Procuratorate also translated as the "Prosecutor General's Office" (Chinese: 最高人民检察院; pinyin: Zuìgāo Rénmín Jiǎncháyuàn) is the highest national level agency responsible for both prosecution and investigation in the People's Republic of China. Hong Kong and Macau, as special administrative regions, have their own separate legal systems, based on common law traditions and Portuguese legal traditions respectively, and are out of the jurisdiction of the SPP.
The office of the Procurator or Prosecutor General is influenced by similar institutions (public procurator) in both Japan and Socialist legal systems, and finds equivalence in most civil law systems, which often use an inquisitorial system. Its direct predecessor institution in China is the Procuratorial Office of the Supreme Court of the Republic of China, which in turn is descended from the Procuratorial Office of the Dali Yuan of the late Qing Dynasty.
The current Prosecutor-General of the People's Republic of China is Zhang Jun.
List of Procurators-General
- Luo Ronghuan (罗荣桓), October 1949 - October 1954 (Supreme People's Prosecutor's Office of the Central People's Government, 中央人民政府最高人民檢察署)
- Zhang Dingcheng (张鼎丞), September 1954 - January 1975 (Supreme People's Procuratorate of the People's Republic of China, 中华人民共和国最高人民检察院)
- Office canceled according to the 1975 Constitution from 1975 to 1978
- Huang Huoqing (黄火青), March 1978 - March 1983
- Yang Yichen (杨易辰), March 1983 - March 1988
- Liu Fuzhi (刘复之), April 1988 - March 1993
- Zhang Siqing (张思卿), 1993 - 1998
- Han Zhubin (韩杼滨), 1998 - 2003
- Jia Chunwang (贾春旺), 2003 - 2008
- Cao Jianming (曹建明), 2008 - 2018
- Zhang Jun (张军), 2018 -
The Supreme People's Procuratorate has a number of committees appointed to assist it with its work in various fields.
Expert Committee on Civil Administrative Litigation Supervision
This committee was formed on 29 July 2018. It is composed of experts from academia, the legal profession, the judiciary and other areas.
- Website of the Supreme People's Procuratorate
- A brief introduction of the SPP
- (www.12309.gov.cn) Impeaching Center of the Supreme People's Procuratorate (in Chinese)
|This People's Republic of China-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This law enforcement agency article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This government job-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|