Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari
|Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Abhishek Sharma|
|Produced by||Shariq Patel|
|Written by||Rohan Shankar|
|Story by||Shokhi Banerjee|
Fatima Sana Shaikh
|Music by||Title Song and Score:|
Javed - Mohsin
|Edited by||Rameshwar S. Bhagat|
|Distributed by||Zee Studios|
|Box office||est. ₹4.32 crore|
Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari (transl. Mars is heavy on Sun) is a 2020 Indian Hindi-language satirical comedy-drama film directed by Abhishek Sharma and produced by Zee Studios. Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari stars Manoj Bajpayee, Diljit Dosanjh and Fatima Sana Shaikh in leading roles. Principal photography began on 6 January 2020 but was halted in March 2020 owing to COVID-19 pandemic in India before resuming in July 2020. The film was dubbed in Telugu, Tamil and Malayalam languages.
Set in the 1995, Madhu Mangal Rane (Manoj Bajpayee) is playing a wedding detective, who does a background check of grooms. In 90's it was a norm as there were no mobile phone or social media and people had to deal with everything physically. This gives rise to comical situations and a rivalry between Suraj Singh Dhillon and Mangal .
- Manoj Bajpayee as Detective Madhu Mangal Rane
- Diljit Dosanjh as Suraj Singh Dhillon
- Fatima Sana Shaikh as Tulshi Rane
- Annu Kapoor as Shantaram Kaka
- Supriya Pilgaonkar as Rekha Rane
- Vijay Raaz as Chinmay Godbole
- Seema Pahwa as Yeshodha Dhillon
- Manoj Pahwa as Gurnam Singh Dhillon
- Neeraj Sood as Pandit Dubey Ji
- Neha Pendse as Kavya Godbole
- Manuj Sharma as Sukhi
- Vanshika Sharma as Guddi
- Abhishek Banerjee as Dinesh
- Tarnik Alok as Sunaina
- Rohan Shankar as Ashok Kale
- Karishma Tanna in a special appearance in the song "Basanti"
Box Office Worldwide wrote, "Though Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari was set in the 90s it was quite confusing at times. The characters don’t look like they are in the 90s mostly because of their appearance. The makers tried to do some political satire which is decent. SPMB is one such film that we can enjoy with the entire family."
Cinestaan wrote, "The love angle between Suraj and Tulshi, an important pillar of the story, turns out to be the only major weak link since the two fall in love in a jiffy. Of all the creative liberties taken here, this is one that you find most hard to accept. But with the negatives vastly outnumbered by the positives, the end result is an ideal Diwali entertainer. Go for it, but without forsaking safety."
Anupama Chopra Editor-in-Chief of Film Companion wrote, "I went in with enthusiasm. I can get behind any film which begins with Diljit looking into the camera and saying, ‘Hi Peoples.’ He plays Suraj, a 28-year-old desperate to get married. The actor works like an energizing shot of goofy charm and adrenaline. You have no option but to smile. His signature Punjabi liveliness contrasts nicely with Manoj, who mines his tightly-wound intensity for laughs. Manoj plays Madhu Mangal Rane, a private detective who specializes in investigating prospective grooms. He is a master of disguise on a mission to ensure that no woman settles for a substandard spouse. Mangal wrecks one of Suraj’s rishtas. So Suraj decides to take revenge by romancing Mangal’s sister Tulsi, who has some secrets of her own."
Times of India reporter Pallabi Dey Purkayastha wrote," Suraj Pe Mangal Bhaari’ is a witty satire – on the gori-kaali hangover, what qualifies as good or bad behaviour in today’s world and how little soothsayers know about marriages."
The Hindu entertainment journalist wrote, " Perhaps, it is time that film industries in India woke up to the fact that COVID-19 has brought in the acceptance among audiences on the type of films that deserves to be watched on the big screen. The ones that bet on witty dialogues and entertainingly sketched scenes for success can very well stand the test of time even if they are viewed on a mobile screen."
Magzter says, "Barring a few glitches, Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari offers a different take on situational comedy. See it for the performances and for Diljit and Manoj's comic timing. The film's climax is a send-off to the iconic railway scene of Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge.".
SpotboyE, "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Is Fun While It Lasts. Thanks to Manoj Bajpayee and Diljit Dosanjh whose killer vibes for one another give the comedy the fuel and the fire that it needs to sustain itself to the very end"
|Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari|
|Soundtrack album by |
Javed - Mohsin and Kingshuk Chakravarty
|Released||5 November 2020|
|Genre||Feature film soundtrack|
|Label||Zee Music Company|
The film's music was composed by Javed - Mohsin and Kingshuk Chakravarty while lyrics written by Danish Sabri, Kunaal Vermaa, Abhishek Sharma and Mellow D. The song 'Bad Boys' was inspired from a Tamil song, Love Pannalama' by STR and the Snoop Dogg song 'The Episode'.
|1.||"Basanti"||Danish Sabri||Javed - Mohsin||Payal Dev, Danish Sabri||3:04|
|2.||"Waareya" (Male Solo Version)||Kunaal Vermaa||Javed–Mohsin||Vibhor Parashar, Javed–Mohsin||3:13|
|3.||"Ladki Dramebaaz Hai"||Danish Sabri||Javed–Mohsin||Mohsin Shaikh, Jyotica Tangri, Mellow D, Aishwarya Bhandari||3:11|
|4.||"Dauda Dauda"||Danish Sabri||Javed–Mohsin||Divya Kumar, Javed-Mohsin|
Rap: Mohsin Shaikh
|5.||"Waareya" (Duet Version)||Kunaal Vermaa||Javed - Mohsin||Vibhor Parashar, Palak Muchhal, Javed-Mohsin||4:35|
|6.||"Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari - Title Track"||Abhishek Sharma||Kingshuk Chakravarty||Sanj V, Chinmayi Tripathi||2:47|
|7.||"Bad Boys"||Mellow D||Kingshuk Chakravarty||Mellow D||1:49|
It was theatrically released on 15 November 2020 coinciding with Diwali amid the 50% occupancy theatrical guideline owing to COVID-19 pandemic in India.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari (2020)". British Board of Film Classification. Retrieved 6 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Box Office". Bollywood Hungama. Retrieved 20 November 2020.
- "Diljit Dosanjh, Manoj Bajpayee, Fatima Sana Shaikh roped in for Abhishek Sharma's next Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari". Bollywood Hungama. 24 December 2019. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari". The Times of India. 24 December 2019. Retrieved 24 December 2019.
- "Manoj Bajpayee, Diljit Dosanjh and Fatima Sana Shaikh begin shooting for Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari". India Today. 6 January 2020. Retrieved 6 January 2020.
- "Manoj Bajpayee, Fatima Sana Shaikh's Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari to release in theatres on Nov 15". India Today. 9 November 2020. Retrieved 9 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari is a social satire: director Abhishek Sharma". Outlook India. Retrieved 12 October 2020.
- Nov 13, Kunal GuhaKunal Guha / Updated:; 2020; Ist, 21:15. "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari review: This Manoj Bajpayee, Diljit Dosanjh and Fatima Sana Shaikh-starrer doesn't employ your brains too much but leaves largely satisfied". Mumbai Mirror. Retrieved 19 November 2020.CS1 maint: extra punctuation (link) CS1 maint: numeric names: authors list (link)
- "Suraj pe mangal bhari Review:दिवाली पर आया कॉमेडी बम, दिलजीत-फातिमा संग मनोज वाजपेयी का अवतार कर देगा दंग". www.timesnowhindi.com (in Hindi). 13 November 2020. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Movie Review: A Whimsical Tale With Stellar Performances". Box Office Worldwide. 13 November 2020. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- Seta, Keyur. "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari review: Out-and-out family entertainer". Cinestaan. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- Chopra, Anupama (15 November 2020). "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Movie Review". Film Companion. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Movie Review: This one's entertaining, witty and a smooth comic ride, retrieved 18 November 2020
- Kumar, Pradeep (13 November 2020). "'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' movie review: Manoj Bajpayee shines in this comedy". The Hindu. ISSN 0971-751X. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Movie Review: Diljit Dosanjh pe Manoj Bajpayee bhari". India Today. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' movie review: Complete family entertainer that leaves you longing for more". www.dnaindia.com. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari movie review: Funny and political, though not as sharp and mature as it wants to be - Entertainment News , Firstpost". Firstpost. 13 November 2020. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- Hungama, Bollywood. "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Review 3.0/5 : SURAJ PE MANGAL BHARI is a decent entertainer and a clean family film that works because of its plot, the depiction of the mid-90s era and the performances". Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "सूरज पर मंगल भारी Film Review: फुल टू धमाल! मनोज बाजपेयी के दिखेंगे मल्टीपल अवतार". Zee News Hindi. 13 November 2020. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- Sachin, Ambica. "'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' review: A comic caper that will light up your Diwali". Khaleej Times. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari Movie Review". www.magzter.com. Retrieved 18 November 2020.
- "'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' review:". whizbliz.com. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "'Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari' review:". spotboye.com. Retrieved 19 November 2020.
- "Suraj Pe Mangal Bhari – Original Motion Picture Soundtrack". Jiosaavn.