Surat Thani railway station
This article does not cite any sources. (August 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Train station building
|Location||National Highway No.4008, Tha Kham Subdistrict, Phunphin District, Surat Thani|
|Owned by||State Railway of Thailand|
Surat Thani railway station (SRT Code: SRN) is the main railway station in Surat Thani Province, Thailand. It is on the State Railway of Thailand (SRT) Southern Line, located 635.106 km from Thon Buri railway station. The station is on the east bank of Tapi River in Tha Kham town, Phun Phin District. Surat Thani Station first opened in 1915, and was originally named Phun Phin Station. The name was later changed to "Surat Thani railway station".
In World War II, the Imperial Japanese Army used the station as a base for military activity. The station and the Chulachomklao Bridge (then named Tha Kham) across the Tapi were both bombed in May 1945 by American aircraft. The RSR (former name of the SRT) built a new station, called Surat Thani 2 railway station, on the north bank of the Tapi River opposite the old station.
Surat Thani 2 railway station was demolished after the Chulachomklao Bridge was opened for traffic in a ceremony on 16 February 1953, and the new Surat Thani Station building was finished in 1954.
Currently,[when?] Surat Thani railway station serves 28 trains per day, all of them served by SRT.
- International Express train No. 35 / 36 Bangkok - Butterworth - Bangkok
- Thaksin Special Express train No. 37 / 38 Bangkok - Sungai Kolok - Bangkok
- Diesel Rail Special Express train No. 39 / 40 Bangkok - Surat Thani - Bangkok
- Diesel Rail Special Express train No. 41 / 42 Bangkok - Yala - Bangkok
- Diesel Rail Special Express train No. 43 / 44 Bangkok - Surat Thani - Bangkok
- Express train No. 83 / 84 Bangkok - Trang - Bangkok
- Express train No. 85 / 86 Bangkok - Nakhon Si Thammarat - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 167 / 168 Bangkok - Kantang - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 169 / 170 Bangkok - Yala - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 171 / 172 Bangkok - Sungai Kolok - Bangkok
- Rapid train No. 173 / 174 Bangkok - Nakhon Si Thammarat - Bangkok
- Local train No. 445 / 446 Chumphon - Hat Yai - Chumphon
- Local train No. 447 / 448 Surat Thani - Sungai Kolok - Surat Thani
- Local train No. 489 / 490 Surat Thani - Khiri Rat Nikhom - Surat Thani
- Eastern & Oriental Express train No. 500 / 501 Bangkok - Singapore - Bangkok
|This Thai railroad station-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|