|No. of Rukus||2|
|No. of verses||12|
Sūrat aṭ-Talāq (Arabic: سورة الطلاق, "Divorce") is the 65th sura of the Qur'an with 12 ayat. At-Talaq is not only the name of this Surah but also the title of its subject matter, for it contains commandments about Talaq (divorce) itself. Abdullah ibn Masud has described it as the shorter surah An-Nisa. The surah also defines the time period of Iddah to be three menstruation periods, three months if menstruation is not applicable, and in case of pregnancy it is the delivery of child After addressing the topic of divorce and a number of other resulting family issues in first 7 ayaat. The surah then strongly urges people to observe God’s regulations and guidance, and reminded the fate of earlier disobedient people that the apostate and disobedient were chastised for their sin. Then 11th ayah describe the required attitude of the true believers that they exhort to faith in messenger and the regarding bounties. Finally God’s power and knowledge are emphasized at the end.
- Sayyid Maududi, Tafhim al-Qur'an, Lahore: Islamic Publications, Ltd. (1981)
- "65. Surah At Talaq (Divorce) - Sayyid Abul Ala Maududi - Tafhim al-Qur'an - The Meaning of the Qur'an".
- "Surah 65. At-Talaq". alim.org.
- Sayyid Qutb (d. 1966) Fi Zilal al-Qur'an (In the shades of the Qur'an)
- Muhammad Farooq-i-Azam Malik (translator), Al-Qur'an, the Guidance for Mankind - English with Arabic Text
- George Sale A Comprehensive Commentary on the Quran CHAPTER LXV.: ENTITLED SURAT AL TALÁQ (DIVORCE)
- Iman Mohammad Kashi; Uwe Hideki Matzen & Online Quran Project contributors. "Al-Quran (القرآن) — Online Quran Project — Translation and Tafsir". The Quran.
|Wikisource has original text related to this article:|
|Surah 65||Next sura: