||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification. (March 2011)|
He worked as a journalist for English dailies like The Muslim, Daily News, Sindh Express, Financial Post, The Balochistan Express and as an Editor in Sindh Tribune. As of 2013 Valasai worked as Media coordinator of Bilawal House. He was appointed as Advisor on Minority Affairs to Bilawal Bhutto Zardari, Patron in Chief of Pakistan Peoples Party on January 4, 2014.
Scheduled Castes Federation of Pakistan (SCFP)
Valasai formed the Scheduled Caste Federation of Pakistan (SCFP) to raise the issues of human inequality, untouchability and caste discrimination. Under the SCFP platform, he wrote hundreds of petitions and letters to the President, Prime Minister and Chief Justice of Pakistan drawing their attention to the plight of Scheduled Castes tribes and particularly the Meghwal, Kolhi, Bheel, Bagdis, and Oads. His main emphasis was that since Pakistan did not subscribe to these social evils ideologically and spiritually, concrete steps were needed.
- 1. The Muslim* Staff Reporter · May 1994 to Oct 1996
- 2. Daily News*
- 3. Sindh Express*
- 4. Financial Post* News Editor · Jan 1997 to Sep 2004
- 5. The Balochistan Times* News Editor · Mar 1993 to Feb 1994
- 6. Sindh Tribune*
- Hindus happy with judge's elevation Gulf News - March 25, 2007
- Caste-Based Discrimination in Pakistan & Its Cure - Surendar Valasai
|This article about a Pakistani journalist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|