Suresh H. Advani
Suresh H Advani is an oncologist who pioneered Hematopoietic stem cell transplantation in India. Struck by poliomyelitis at the age of 8 years, the wheelchair-using doctor studied at Grant Medical College, Mumbai (where he obtained the MBBS and MD Medicine degrees), following which he worked at Tata Memorial Hospital for many years as a medical oncologist. Now he is counsults at Raheja Hospital. He gained experience in the field of bone marrow transplantation from the Fred Hutchinson Cancer Research Center, Seattle, Washington .
- Recipient of the Rashtriyra Krantiveer Award, Ujjain (2014)
- Recipient of the Padma Bhushan award by Government of India (2012)
- Recipient of the Dr. B. C. Roy National Award by Medical Council of India (2005)
- Awarded Lifetime Achievement in Oncology by Harvard Medical International (2005)
- Recipient of the Padma Shri by Government of India (2002)
- Recipient of the Dhanvantari award (2002)
- Elected fellow - National Academy of Medical Sciences (1996),
He was named in fraudulent transport of millions due to some misunderstanding by the Central Bureau of Investigations (CBI) in December 2016.But later on evidence were provided to CBI by bank in question that he had nothing to do with the cash neither he had an account with the bank.
- "Cancer Healer~ Padma shree oncologist".
- "Wheelchair-bound~ this doctor covered new ground in oncology". Mid-day. 29 October 2002.
- Clinicspots. "Raheja Hospital Mahim, Mumbai –Book Doctors Appointment Now|Clinicspots". rahejahospital.clinicspots.com. Retrieved 2018-05-19.
- "Meet Dr Suresh Advani: India's first and best-known oncologist". The Economic Times. 21 July 2013.
- "Padma Awards" (PDF). Ministry of Home Affairs, Government of India. 2015. Retrieved 21 July 2015.
- "List of Fellows — NAMS" (PDF). National Academy of Medical Sciences. 2016. Retrieved 19 March 2016.
- "Relief for oncologist". 16 January 2017.