|Founder, President - BRSP Ex National General Secretary - BSP|
|Born||10 August 1960|
Satara, Maharashtra, India
|Political party||Bahujan Republican Socialist Party (BRSP)|
Suresh Mane (born 10 August 1960) is an Indian Politician and social activist who worked for improvement and mobilization of the Bahujan Samaj (OBC, SC and ST). He joined Bahujan movement founded by Kanshi Ram. He actively participated in BAMCEF, Dalit Soshit Samaj Sangharsh Samithi (DS4) and was a founding member of Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) in 1984.
The only son of Tatoba Bala Mane and Sonabai Tatoba Mane, Mane was born in Ambedkarite, a Buddhist family at village Ghogaon, Tal, Karad, Dist. Satara in Western Maharashtra. He pursued primary and secondary education in his native and nearby village while helping his family in the jobs of farming and cattle rearing, before moving to Mumbai for further education and employment.
Although a product of Siddharth Vihar Hostel in Mumbai, Mane never became part of traditional RPI or Dalit Panther movements in Maharashtra; but was attracted to Kanshi Ram Phenomenon then operating in the name of BAMCEF and DS-4. On 4 January 1982, as a student activist, he spoke in the presence of Kanshi Ram, at DS-4’s conference in Kavsji Jahangir Hall, Mumbai. Since then he has been an activist of the Bahujan Movement, with multiple responsibilities.
Mane completed a Ph.D. in law with specialization in constitutional law, administrative law and criminal law from the University of Mumbai University. The subject of his doctoral thesis was: "The Contribution of Justic P.N. Bhagwati to the constitutional growth in India: a critical study". He worked in few private firms before becoming a professor in Mumbai University. He has been head of the law department at Mumbai University since November 1998.
Mane has written 11 books, 7 monograph and 65 articles published in national and international magazines and journals, including
- Demons of Democracy - Crony Capitalism, Corruption & Corrupt Political Class
- Indian Constitutional Law-Dynamics and Challenges
- The Global Law
- The Paradigm Shift in Legal Education & Research
- The Man Who Codified the Indian Constitution
- Crime Criminology and Criminal Law
- Pune Karar-The Great Betrayal, (Marathi)
- Glimpses of Socio-Cultural Revolts in India (Malayalam)
- Glimpses of Socio-Cultural Revolts in India (English)
- Indian Constitutional Law-New Challenges (Co-Editor)
- Leading Cases in Constitutional Law (2)
Mane joined Indian Bahujan movement at age seventeen. He became a student and Youth representative when he was 22. He has worked in BAMCEF and DS-4 since 1980. He was founding member of Bahujan Samaj Party which was founded by Bahujan Nayak Kanshiram in 1984.
Under Mayawati’s Leadership of Bahujan Samaj Party he has taken care key responsibilities as National General Secretory and also the coordinator for the Southern & North East state of India Namely Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Pundachery (since 2005) & North-east States (since 2006). He is also In charge of Andhra Pradesh since 2009, Telangana and Maharashtra state from 2014.
Under Mane's leadership, BSP won two seats in the 2014 assembly election of Telangana at the assembly constituencies of Nirmal and Sirpur. BSP has performed well in many local body election in Telangan state. He is known for missionary work and result base politics.
On 26 June 2015 Bahujan Samaj Party National President Mayawati expelled Dr. Suresh Mane along with Maharashtra State General Secretory Kishor Gajbhiye over charges of indiscipline and Disobeying the National Leadership. Dr. Suresh Mane and Kishor Gajbhiye announced their resignation from primary membership of Bahujan Samaj Party in a press conference held at Nagpur on 28 June 2015.
Dr. Suresh Mane formed new political party named as Bahujan Republican Socialist Party (BRSP) on 9th Oct, 2015 on death anniversary of Bahujan Nayak Mn. Kanshiram.
- "eSakal". esakal.com.
- "बसपचे प्रभारी डॉ. सुरेश माने आजपासून राज्यव्यापी दौऱ्यावर - सकाळ". esakal.com.
- "Mayawati is India's Obama, says Suresh Mane". The New Indian Express.
- "BSP to Contest 20 Seats". The New Indian Express.
- "BSP releases first list, fields ex-IAS Gajbhiye from Nagpur North". The Times of India.
- "BSP got no seat but garnered 7.9% vote in Vid". The Times of India.
- "BSP plans to contest all seats in Maharashtra". The Times of India.
- "In fire and brimstone of last phase, BSP elephant plods quietly". The Indian Express.
- "Elections in Telangana - Telangana Elections Results, News, CMs, Governors and Cabinet Ministers". elections.in.
- "Nirmal Elections Results 2014, Current MLA, Candidate List of Assembly Elections in Nirmal, Telangana". elections.in.
- Special Correspondent. "ZP polls: TDP in Seemandhra, Congress in Telangana". The Hindu.
- "Municipal polls: Congress wiped out in Seemandhra, but makes big gains in Telangana". The Times of India.
- "BSP expels top leaders Suresh Mane, Kishore Gajbhiye for not paying heed to Mayawati". dna india.
- "Expelled BSP leaders may form new party in Nagpur". nyoooz.