This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Birth name||Suresh Peters|
|Occupation(s)||Composer, Singer, Drummer|
|Instruments||Keyboard, Drums, Guitar|
Suresh Peters is a music director and playback rapper/singer for films in India whose notable songs include "Chikku Bukku Rayile" from Gentleman and "Style" from the film Sivaji: The Boss. Peters received his first break as a music director through the Malayalam movie Punjabi House in which he composed both melodies and folk songs. He also has four Tamil albums to his credit — Minnal, Oviyum, Kaathiruppaen and Engiruntho.
Suresh Peters is the childhood friend of A. R. Rahman and Shivamani. Together they started a band called Nemesis Avenue. Later, when A. R. Rahman stepped into the film world, Suresh Peters sang a lot of songs for his films, including "Chikku Bukku", "Urvasi", "Petta Rap", and "Chandralekha". He later introduced an album called Minnal which became a huge hit. Malayam movie director Rafi Meccartin called him to do Malayalam movie Punjabi House after hearing this album. Later he gave music to a lot of Malayalam films and most of them went on to become huge hits.
He has been retained and commissioned by various advertising houses in India and UAE. He has composed more than 500 advertising jingles to date, including top consumer brands like Coca-Cola, Pepsi, Lakme, Ford Motors, GM Motors, Honda and Airtel.
KALAIMAMANI, 1998 Received Prestigious Award for Creative Arts in the field of Music. Awarded by the Tamil Nadu State Government, 1998. BEST MUSIC DIRECTOR, FILMFARE AWARD, 2000
As a singer
- Kadhalan (Tamil): "Pettai Rap".
- Kadhalan (Tamil): "Urvasi Urvasi".
- Gentleman (Tamil): "Chikku Bukku Rayile"
- Thiruda Thiruda (Tamil): "Chandralekha"
- Bombay (Hindi): "Hamma Hamma".
- Chor Chor (Hindi): Zor Laga
- Aasai (Tamil): "Shockadikudhu Sona"
- Super Police (Telugu): "Choodara En"
- Super Police (Tamil): "Sundara En Sundara"
- Khel Khiladi Ka (Hindi): "Khel Hai Yeh Khiladi Ka"
- Indian (Tamil): "Theme song"
- Josh (Hindi): "Hum Bhi Hain Josh Main"
- Kalamasseriyil Kalyanayogam (Malayalam): "Manikyaveena" (rap)
- Punjabi House (Malayalam): "Sonare" (rap)
- Thenkasi Pattanam (Malayalam): "Oru Simham" (rap)
- The Gentleman (Hindi): "Chika Pika Rika"
- Jeans: "Columbus Columbus" (rap)
- Varalaru (Tamil): "Ilamai - Remix"
- Sivaji (Tamil): "Style"
- Twenty:20 (Malayalam): "Hey Deewana"
- Coolie (Tamil): "Adakuttu Katta" and "Hey Rummu Rummu"
- Auto (Kannada): "Life Is Automatic"
- Selva (Tamil): "Lappu Tappu"
- Love Today (Tamil): "Monica Monica"
- Kandang Le Kozhi(Malaysian Song)- With Vikadakavi(Psycho Unit)
As a composer
- Punjabi House (Malayalam)
- Coolie (Tamil)
- Hanuman Junction (Telugu)
- Runway (Malayalam)
- Thenkasi Pattanam (Malayalam)
- Thenkasi Pattanam (Tamil)
- Independence (Malayalam)
- Mazhathullikilukkam (Malayalam)
- One Man Show (Malayalam)
- Raavanaprabhu (Malayalam)
- Malayali Mamanu Vanakkam (Malayalam)
- Aparichithan (Malayalam)
- Pandippada (Malayalam)
- Twenty 20 (Malayalam)
- Love In Singapore (Malayalam)
- Colours (Malayalam)
- Mr. Marumakan (Malayalam)
- Connect India Anthem
- Rhythm (Hindi)
- "Connect India Anthem - Suresh Peters ft. Shankar Mahadevan".
|This biographical article related to film in India is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|