|Alma mater||Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR), University of Hyderabad|
|Awards||Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award 2009|
|Institutions||University of Hyderabad|
|Doctoral advisor||Raman Parimala|
Suresh was born in Vangoor, Telangana, India and studied in ZPHS at Vangoor up to 9th standard. He did his M.Sc at University of Hyderabad. He joined Tata Institute of Fundamental Research (TIFR) in 1989 and got his PhD in under the guidance of Raman Parimala (1994). He later joined the faculty at University of Hyderabad.
- Shanti Swarup Bhatnagar Award for Mathematical Sciences in 2009
- Invited speaker at the International Congress of Mathematicians held at Hyderabad, India in 2010
- Fellow of the Indian Academy of Sciences
- Andhra Pradesh Scientist Award, 2008
- B. M. Birla Science prize, 2004
- INSA Medal for Young Scientists, 1997
- Zero-cycles on quadric fibrations: finiteness theorems and the cycle map, R Parimala & V Suresh, Invent. Math. 122 (1995), 83–117 doi:10.1007/BF01231440
- Isotropy of quadratic forms over function fields in one variable over p-adic fields, R Parimala & V Suresh, Publ. de I.H.E.S. 88 (1998) 129–150 MR1733328
- Bounding the symbol length in the Galois cohomology of function field of p-adic curves, to appear in Comm. Math. Helv doi:10.4171/CMH/198
- The u-invariant of the function fields of p-adic curves, R Parimala & V Suresh to appear in Annals of Mathematics arXiv:0708.3128, MR2680494
- http://www.csir.res.in/External/Utilities/Frames/career/main_page.asp?a=topframe.htm&b=leftcon.htm&c=../../../Heads/career/awards.htm Archived 10 February 2012 at the Wayback Machine.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 17 July 2011. Retrieved 22 February 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 11 July 2012. Retrieved 16 December 2011.