Sureterm is headquartered in Godmanchester, equidistant between Cambridge and Peterborough, in an old public house. It has been rumoured that the building is haunted and sometimes late at night some have claimed to have seen a ghost.
Sureterm is often seen at Classic car shows It is involved sponsoring in the Renault Clio Cup in 2003 and British Touring Cars in 2004, but advertises only in the core markets of Land Rover and motorhome insurance.
Sureterm was established in 1998 by Andy Wood and Janice Purbrick. Wood previously worked in Marketing and Insurance and was an avid car fanatic, and Ms. Purbrick had built her career in Accountancy.
The Company was sold to the Capita Group in April 2010 and now trades alongside sister companies, Lancaster Insurance, Hero Insurance and BDML amongst others. In 2013, Sureterm, along with Lancaster, Hero and BDML, was sold to Markerstudy Group.
- Insurance Times - Sureterm Direct launches caravan insurance service
- Four wheel drive insurance, Fleets compare Insurance, 19 October 2010
- National Boat Caravan and Outdoor Show
- WSR Announce New Sponsor Sureterm Direct
- Dodge Charger - Times Online
- Sureterm staff donate lifesaving kit to baby, Motor Caravan magazine, 30 January 2008
- A Sure-fire way to boost appeal, Hunts Post 24, March 5, 2008