Surf City (band)
Surf City was formed in 2004 in Mt Roskill, Auckland. Attention for the band quickly spread overseas, and they were picked up by notable label Morr Music for U.S and German distribution. Music website Stereogum tapped them as a "jangling, uptempo but melancholic form of shoegaze pop". They released a self-titled EP in 2008, a full-length album Kudos on Fire Records in 2010, and another album in 2013 entitled We Knew It Was Not Going to Be Like This.
|Date of Release||Title||Label|
|2008||Surf City - Surf City EP||Arch Hill Recordings, Morr Music|
|2010||Kudos||Arch Hill Recordings, Fire Records|
|2013||We Knew It Was Not Going to Be Like This||Fire Records|
|2015||Jekyll Island||Fire Records|
- https://web.archive.org/web/20110306040112/http://www.archhill.co.nz/bands/Surf-City/. Archived from the original on 6 March 2011. Retrieved 30 June 2011. Missing or empty
- Rettig, James. "Band To Watch: Surf City". Stereogum. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Surf City: Surf City EP | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2009-03-04. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Surf City: Kudos | Album Reviews". Pitchfork. 2011-02-15. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
- "Reviews for We Knew It Was Not Going to Be Like This by Surf City". Metacritic. 2013-09-03. Retrieved 2015-02-25.
|This article on a rock band is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article on a New Zealand band or other musical ensemble is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|