|Developer(s)||Open Information Security Foundation|
4.0.5 / July 18, 2018
4.1beta1 / March 23, 2018
|Operating system||FreeBSD, Linux, UNIX, Mac OS X, Microsoft Windows|
|License||GNU General Public License|
Suricata is an open source-based intrusion detection system (IDS) and intrusion prevention system (IPS). It was developed by the Open Information Security Foundation (OISF). A beta version was released in December 2009, with the first standard release following in July 2010.
- Automatic protocol detection
- Gzip decompression
- Independent HTP library
- Standard input methods
- Unified2 output
- Flow variables
- Fast IP matching
- HTTP log module
- Graphics card acceleration
- Windows binaries
- Lua scripting
- Prelude output
- file matching, logging, extraction, md5 checksum calculation
- IP reputation
- DNS logger
- in a future release
- Global flow variables
Third-party tools available for Snort are compatible with Suricata, like the following:
Free intrusion detection systems
- "Suricata license".
- "New Open Source Intrusion Detector Suricata Released". Slashdot. 2009-12-31. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Suricata Downloads". Open Security Information Foundation. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- Jonkman, Matt (2009-12-31). "Suricata IDS Available for Download!". Seclists.org. Retrieved 2011-11-08.
- "Suricata Features". Retrieved 2012-10-06.
- "Suricata All Features". Retrieved 2012-10-06.