|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (February 2012)|
Suril Rakesh Shah (Gujarati: સુરિલ રાકેશ શાહ) born February 29, 1992, Ahmedabad, India, is notable for having cleared many renowned computer software certifications at a young age. Suril Shah attended Stanford University between 2009 and 2014.
Suril is known to be the youngest to have obtained many IT Industry Certifications.
|Sun Certified Java Programmer(SCJP) ||July 31, 2002||10 years, 5 months, 3 days|
|Oracle Database 9i Certified Professional - Database Administrator (OCP-DBA) ||July 8, 2003||11 years, 4 months, 10 days|
|Oracle 9i Forms Developer Certified Professional OCP - Developer||March 31, 2004||12 years, 1 month, 3 days|
|Technology Consultant SAP Netweaver '04- SAP Web AS for Oracle||May 19, 2007||15 years, 2 months, 21 days|
- When Suril passed the (SCJP) examination, he bettered the previous record of Afrah Shafquat from Pakistan, who passed that exam at the age of 11 years, 5 months.
- Oracle officials conducted a special technical interview with Suril, confirmed that he actually understood what it means to be an OCA and only then, let him sit for the exam.
- Suril worked for 2 years as an SAP Basis Consultant at Meghmani Organics Ltd., which qualified him for the SAP certification eligibility criteria (minimum 1 to 3 years of experience), and then successfully undertook the examination on May 19, 2007, achieving the distinction of being youngest in the world to do so.
- He joined the Stanford University, California, USA in Fall 2009. He provided consultancy services to eInfochips, a reputed IT company in Ahmedabad, India.
- He now works full-time at Google as a Software Engineer.
- Suril has been felicitated by several organizations including Computer Society of India, Ahmedabad Education Society, Gujarat Law Society.
- Sun Microsystems, Oracle Corp., SAP AG whose applications' certifications he took, have recognized his achievements at young age and acknowledged him as being youngest in the world to do so.
- Suril has received considerable coverage highlighting his achievements, both in print and electronic media, especially in his home nation.
Suril is also an avid cricketer, bowling leg spin for Stanford XI in the tennis ball cricket league Cricbay. He made history in the league, obtaining figures of 6/7 in the Champions Trophy Silver Semifinal 2016.
- "A 10-year-old youngest to pass Sun Java exam". The Times of India. 2002-08-05. Retrieved 2002-08-05.
- "11-year-old passes tough Oracle exam in very first attempt". The Times of India. 2003-03-29. Retrieved 2003-03-29.
- "He's 11 and an expert software programmer". The Mumbai Newsline. Retrieved 2003-02-19.[permanent dead link]
- "Making it big at a young age". Chennai, India: The Hindu. 2007-05-22. Retrieved 2007-05-22.
- "Ahmedabad's Suril clears SAP exam at the youngest age in the world". Gujarat Samachar. Archived from the original on 2007-07-11. Retrieved 2007-05-28.
- "Get with the Program". Stanford Daily. Retrieved 2010-01-25.[dead link]
- "Suril Shah" (PDF). Ahmedabad Mirror. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2010-02-15. Retrieved 2008-07-20.