Surja Dighal Bari
|Surja Dighal Bari|
|সূর্য দীঘল বাড়ী|
|Directed by||Sheikh Niamat Ali, Masihuddin Shaker|
|Produced by||Masihuddin Shaker|
|Screenplay by||Shaikh Niyamat Ali, Masihuddin Shaker|
|Based on||Surja Dighal Bari|
by Abu Ishaque
|Edited by||Saidul Anam Tutul|
Surja Dighal Bari is a 1979 Bangladeshi feature film directed and produced by Sheikh Niamat Ali and Masihuddin Shaker. The screenplay was based on Abu Ishaque's 1955 novel of the same title. It was the first film made from the Government of Bangladesh grant. The film was first released in a theater in Natore.
The film won Bangladesh National Film Award in 7 categories including Best Film, Best Director, Best Screenplay and Best Actress. It also won five international awards, including Mannheim Film Festival and Portugal Film Society.
- Dolly Anwar as Jaigun
- Rawshan Zamil as Shafi's mother
- Sitara Begum as Lalu's Mother
- ATM Shamsuzzaman as Jobed Fakir
- Elora Gohor as Maymun
- Bangladesh National Film Awards
- Best Film
- Best Director
- Best Actress
- Best Screenplay
- Best Cinematography
- Best Editing
- Best Child Artist
- Best Child Artist (special)
- "'সূর্য দীঘল বাড়ী'র ইংরেজি সাবটাইটেল" (in Bengali). Prothom Alo. 8 April 2010. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "'সূর্য-দীঘল বাড়ী' সময়ের জীবন্ত ইতিহাস" (in Bengali). Jai Jai Din. 15 January 2015. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- Sabbir Chowdhury (December 11, 2003). "Homage to Salahuddin and Sheikh Niamat Ali, filmmakers : Bangladesh loses two great exponents of film art". The Daily Star. Retrieved January 11, 2016.
- Rashed Shawon (14 August 2012). "চার দশকে আমাদের সেরা চলচ্চিত্রগুলো". bdnews24.com (in Bengali). Archived from the original on 27 January 2013. Retrieved 10 September 2016.
- "Did you know?". The Daily Star. June 13, 2005. Retrieved January 11, 2016.