From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
(Redirected from Surrogate (disambiguation))
|Look up surrogate in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A surrogate is a substitute or deputy for another person in a specific role and may refer to:
- Surrogate pregnancy, an arrangement for a woman to carry and give birth to a child who will be raised by others
- Sexual surrogate, in sexual therapy
- Surrogate marriage, a custom in African culture
- Ersatz, an artificial replacement differing in kind from and inferior in quality to what it replaces.
- Author surrogate or audience surrogate, reciprocal literary techniques
- The Surrogates, a comic book series
- Surrogates (film), a 2009 film based on the comic book series
- The Surrogate (1984 film), a 1984 film starring Art Hindle
- The Surrogate (1995 film), a TV movie starring Alyssa Milano
- The Surrogate, original title of The Sessions, a 2012 film starring John Hawkes, Helen Hunt, and William H. Macy
- "Surro-Gate", an episode of the cartoon series American Dad!
- "The Surrogate" (The Outer Limits), an episode of the 1990s version of The Outer Limits series
- Surrogate Paintings, a series by American artist Allan McCollum
Science and technology
- Surrogate model, used in engineering design
- Surrogate endpoint, a measure of effect in clinical trials
- Surrogate key, a unique database identification key
- Surrogate proxy, a type of server network setup
- Surrogate mechanism, which allows UTF-16 to represent Unicode code points beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane as a pair of surrogate code points
- Surrogate code point, any of the range of Unicode codepoints which are used in pairs in UTF-16 to represent code points beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane
- High surrogate or leading surrogate, a surrogate code point in the Unicode range U+D800 – U+DBFF
- Low surrogate or trailing surrogate, a surrogate code point in the Unicode range U+DC00 – U+DFFF
- Surrogate pair, a high surrogate followed by a low surrogate used in UTF-16 to represent a Unicode code point beyond the Basic Multilingual Plane
- Surrogate data testing, a technique for identifying possible nonlinearity in data.
- Surrogate, used in library science. Metadata is created to represent information resources. The metadata serves as the surrogate for stored information resources.
- Surrogate species, used in ecology and conservation biology to indicate
- Surrogate (clergy), a deputy of a bishop or ecclesiastical judge
- Surrogate Court, a court primarily concerned with the distribution of assets of a decedent
- Surrogate alcohol, a substance containing alcohol that is consumed, though it is not meant for human consumption
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Surrogate.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.