|President||Masayuki Kawamura (川村正幸)|
|Campus||Small city, 200 acres (0.81 km2)|
|Colors||Blue and Green|
|Sports||13 club teams|
Surugadai University (駿河台大学 Surugadai daigaku) is a private university in Hannō, Saitama, Japan, established in 1987. Aiming to produce people who can contribute to today's internationalized, information-oriented society, the university places emphasis on thorough small-class teaching, foreign language education, acquisition of rich computer skills, and preparation for certifying examinations.
Surugadai University was founded by Haruyuki Yamazaki (山崎春之) (1926-2010). His father, Toshiharu Yamazaki (山崎寿春), was one of the early Japanese students studying abroad in the Meiji period. He was accomplished as a Harvard- and Yale-trained scholar of English literature and a professor of Meiji University. Toshiharu successfully established a cram school for high school students and had a lifelong dream of establishing an American-style liberal arts college in Japan.
Taking over the cram school and following his father's wishes, Haruyuki established Surugadai University as a college of law in 1987.
Since then, the college has evolved into a university of five undergraduate faculties and four graduate schools.
Surugadai University occupies a 200-acre (0.81 km2) campus, with over 12 buildings, including the Kougi-Tou (講義棟) (Lecture building); Dai-Ni Kougi-Tou (第二講義棟) (Lecture building No. 2); Seminar Tou (ゼミナール棟) (Seminar building); Honbu Kanri-Tou (本部管理棟) (Administrative center building); the Media Center (library); the Frontier Towers dormitories; the Haruyuki Yamazaki memorial sports gymnasium.
Surugadai University has five undergraduate faculties: Faculty of Law, Faculty of Economics, Faculty of Media and Information Resources, Faculty of Contemporary Cultures, and Faculty of Psychology.
- Surugadai University (駿河台大学) (1 May 2012). "学生数・教員数" [The Number of Students and Faculties]. Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-05.
- Surugadai University (駿河台大学). "駿大スポーツ情報" [Sundai Sports Information]. Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Surugadai University. "Home page". Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Surugadai University. "Chronology". Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Surugadai University. "Faculties". Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-08.
- Surugadai University (駿河台大学). "キャンパスマップ" [Campus Map]. Surugadai University. Retrieved 2012-08-19.
- Official website (in Japanese)
- Official Twitter (in Japanese)
- Official Facebook page (in Japanese)
- Official website in English
|This article on a Saitama Prefecture institute of higher education or related topic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|