This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2012) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Launched||24 August 1990|
|Owned by||Surya Citra Media|
|Picture format||1080i HDTV|
(downscaled to 16:9 576i for the SDTV feed)
|Slogan||Ngetop! (Awesome!) (1997-2005) |
Satu untuk Semua (One for All) (2005-present)
|Headquarters||Jalan Asia Afrika Lot 19, Central Jakarta|
|Sister channel(s)||O Channel |
|VHF/UH||Channel frequencies vary on each city|
|MNC Vision||Channel 89|
|Aora TV||Channel 911|
|First Media||Channel 10|
Surya Citra Televisi (SCTV) is an Indonesian free-to-air television network. It was launched on 24 August 1990 in Surabaya, East Java as Surabaya Centra Televisi, broadcasting to the city and its surrounding area. At first, the programming was similar to that of RCTI, using some of their news programs until they could produce their own. On 1 August 1993, SCTV obtained a national license and eventually moved its operations to Jakarta, changing its name to Surya Citra Televisi. Its main offices are located in Central Jakarta, with studios in West Jakarta. It is owned by Surya Citra Media, part of the technology solution company Emtek.
In 2001, SCTV's affiliated television station in East Java launched Liputan 6 SCTV, a localised newscast which can only be seen in Surabaya. The North Sumatra version of Liputan 6 SCTV is seen on SCTV Medan at 9:30 am and re-run at 4:00 pm on SCTV; this version debuted in 1997. Depending on the relay station, additional TV local O Channel programs may also be seen.
To produce soap operas, SCTV previously turned to Screenplay Productions and Amanah Surga Produksi (AS Productions). There are Cowokku Superboy, Bidadari Takut Jatuh Cinta (Angel Who Scared of Falling in Love), Putih Abu-Abu (White and Gray) (Since 2012), Cintaku Bersemi di Putih Abu-Abu The Series (Since 2012), Diam-Diam Suka, Ganteng-Ganteng Serigala, and Emak Ijah Pengen Ke Mekkah.
On February 20, 2017, production house SinemArt Pictures left their long-time channel RCTI for SCTV. SinemArt produced Anak Langit (Sky Child), Anak Sekolahan (School Children) and Berkah Cinta for SCTV.
|Association football||Spain||La Liga||2 matches per week, focused on both Real Madrid and Barcelona matches, with highlights of other matches.|||
|ASEAN||SEA Games||Indonesia matches only, plus opening and closing ceremonies coverage of the event. Non-football events live on Indosiar|||
|Combat sports||Worldwide||ONE Championship||Delayed coverage. All main card events will be live streamed on ONE Championsip Vidio channel.|||
|Association football||Liga Indonesia||Live coverage in 2003 and 2016|
|Piala Presiden||Second pick group stage matches only in 2017. All other matches live on Indosiar|||
|Badminton||Indonesia Open||Live coverage from 2004-2007|||
|Association football||Worldwide||FIFA World Cup||All 64 matches exclusively live and delayed, in 2006.|||
|FIFA Confederations Cup||All 16 matches exclusively live in 2005.|
|FIFA U-20 World Cup||Live coverage in 2003 and 2005.|
|FIFA U-17 World Cup||Live coverage in 2005.|
|FIFA U-19 Women's World Cup||Live coverage in 2004 and 2006.|
|Blue Stars/FIFA Youth Cup||Live coverage from 2004-2006.|
|Europe||UEFA Champions League||Live coverage from 2012-2018, except 2015–16 season.|||
|UEFA Europa League|
|UEFA Super Cup|
|UEFA European Championship||Live coverage in 1996 and 2000.|
|England||Premier League||Live coverage from 1993-2001, returned again in 2013-2016.|||
|Football League Cup||5 matches only. 4 semi finals and a final from 2013-2016.|||
|FA Cup||Live coverage of selected matches from 1993-1998. Returned again, 3 matches only, both semi finals and a final from 2013-2016.|
|FA Community Shield||Live coverage from 2013-2015.|
|Italy||Serie A||Live coverage from 2002-2005|
|Multi-sport event||Worldwide||Summer Olympic Games||Live coverage of football, badminton events, opening, and closing ceremonies only. Non-football and badminton matches live on Indosiar and O Channel, in 2016.|||
|Asia||Asian Games||Live coverage of afternoon session events, plus Indonesia football team matches in selected sessions. Afternoon-evening session events live on Indosiar. Evening session events live, delayed, and repeated on O Channel, in 2018.|||
- Elshinta TV
- O Channel
- RCTI, former sister channel (1990–96).
- List of television stations in Indonesia
- Liputan6.com. "SCTV Jadi Rumah Sepak Bola di Indonesia". liputan6.com. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- "[EMTEK GROUP, TVRI & MNCTV] SEA GAMES 2017 KUALA LUMPUR". www.lautanindonesia.com. Retrieved October 24, 2018.
- Bola.com (January 18, 2018). "Tayangkan One Championship, SCTV Ingin Ubah Citra". bola.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- topskor.id. "Jadwal Pertandingan dan Siaran Langsung Piala Presiden 2017". TOPSKOR (in Indonesian). Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- "Publisher - Siaran Langsungnya Bisa Dinikmati di Penjuru Tanah Air". www.bulutangkis.com. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- "Gatra.Com". arsip.gatra.com. Retrieved March 8, 2019.
- SCTV (August 5, 2016), Home Of Soccer SCTV, retrieved March 9, 2019
- "Mulai Musim Depan, SCTV Siarkan Liga Champions". sepakbola. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- jajang100 (October 3, 2013). "Official Broadcaster Liga Inggris Di Indonesia Dari Masa Ke Masa". KASKUS. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Apr 2013, evan23; Wib, 18:11. "SCTV, Indosiar & Liputan6.com Tayangkan Liga Inggris Musim Depan". liputan6.com. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Bolasport.com. "Premier League 2013/14 Disiarkan SCTV dan Indosiar - Semua Halaman - Bolasport.com". juara.bolasport.com (in Indonesian). Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Agu 2016, Bogi Triyadi10; Wib, 15:10. "Jadwal Siaran Langsung Bulu Tangkis Olimpiade di SCTV". liputan6.com. Retrieved March 9, 2019.
- Jan 2018, Okie Prabhowo08; Wib, 09:30 (January 8, 2018). "VIDEO: Emtek Sebagai Official Broadcaster Asian Games 2018". bola.com. Retrieved March 9, 2019.