Sus Road (Pune)
|Length:||5.9 mi (9.6 km)|
|From:||Pashan, Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Sus, Mulshi taluka, Pune District, Maharashtra, India|
|To:||Nande, Mulshi taluka, Pune district, Maharashtra, India|
Sus Road is a road that connects Sus village in Mulshi taluka to the suburb of Pashan in Pune, India. The area surrounding the road is known with the same name, and falls under the jurisdiction of the Pune Municipal Corporation.
Sus Road is well connected to important roads and places. The Katraj - Dehu Road Bypass intersects Sus Road halfway through its total length, enabling easy connectivity to Pimpri-Chinchwad and the Mumbai - Pune Expressway. The Rajiv Gandhi InfoTech Park in Hinjawadi is about 13 km (8.1 mi) from Sus Road, making it a residential preference to people working in the Information Technology industry.
Sus Road is a newly developed location after the expansion of Pune city limits in the late 1990s. Real estate in the area has increased tenfold in the past decade in order to meet the growing demand of residents. Once an underdeveloped road, Sus Road was renovated in 2008 on the occasion of the Commonwealth Youth Games held in the neighboring suburb of Balewadi. The road width was increased, and a six-lane asphalt road was laid to promote growth and travel. Few more additions included a recreational park near the bypass intersection and pedestrian footpaths.
Geography and Climate
Sus Road lies in a valley and is surrounded by hills both sides. The average elevation the road travels on is 550 m (1,800 ft), gradually increasing while nearing the villages of Sus and Nande. Nearby hills include the Baner and Pashan Hills, Sutarwadi Hill and the Lavale Hills. Sus Road shares the climate of Pune city, with warm summers, moderate rainfall and moderate winters.
Education and Research
Due to the growth in population, many private schools have been set up in Sus Road. The schools range from Preschool to Higher Secondary. Some notable schools include:
- Vidya Valley School, Sus village - ICSE
- Tree House High School - ICSE
- Apple Blossom Nursery School
- Lokseva e-school
A number of colleges have been established in Sus Road.
- Indian Institute of Science Education and Research (IISER)
- Abhinav College of Arts
- International School of Business and Media, Nande
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology - School of Distant Learning (MIT-SDL)
- Institute of Hospitality Management, Research & Development (IHMRD), Sus
- Symbiosis Institute of Technology
- Foundation of Liberal and Management Education (FLAME)
- Pashan Sus Road to Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park. "Pashan Sus Road to Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park". Retrieved 19 June 2014.
- Vidya Valley School. "Contact Us - Vidya Valley School". Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Tree House High School. "Tree House High School - Home". Retrieved 14 May 2014.
- Maharashtra Institute of Technology. "MIT-SDE Information and Mailer". Retrieved 14 May 2014.