|Occupation||Global Business Units of Procter & Gamble, Procter and Gamble|
Susan Arnold (born 1954) is an American businesswoman.
Life and career
She is a member of the board of directors of The Walt Disney Company. She has been a Director of the company since 2007. She has also been a member of the Board of Directors of McDonald's Co. since 2008. In 2004 she became Vice Chairman of Procter & Gamble and President of the company in 2007]. She had joined Procter & Gamble in 1980 and held several management and marketing positions before becoming the manager of Procter & Gamble's cosmetics business in Canada in 1990. In 1999, she assumed global responsibility for Procter & Gamble's beauty business, thereby becoming the first woman to reach a president-level position in the company. She retired from Procter & Gamble on September 1, 2009. According to Forbes, Susan Arnold got her start as a brand assistant on the Dawn/Ivory Snow Group.
Since 2002, she has been listed on Fortune magazine's 50 Most Powerful Women in Business- as #7 in 2008. In 2004 and 2005, she was listed on the Wall Street Journal's 50 Women to Watch. She was listed multiple times on the Forbes list of The World's Most Powerful Women and in 2005 she was #16 on Forbes' The World's 100 Most Powerful Women list. She served for several years on the executive committee of Catalyst, a nonprofit organization working toward the advancement of women in business.
- "Susan E. Arnold".
- "List of Public Companies Worldwide, Letter - Businessweek - Businessweek".
- "The Walt Disney Company - Susan Arnold Biography". Retrieved September 27, 2007.
- "Susan Arnold, The Most Powerful Women - Forbes.com". Retrieved September 27, 2007.
- "The Walt Disney Company - News from the Disney Board - May 01, 2007". Retrieved September 27, 2007.
- Rhiza Dizon, 'Sears or Playboy May Get Gay CEO', The Advocate, March 10, 2009 
- Marc Gunther, 'Queer Inc.: How Corporate America fell in love with gays and lesbians. It's a movement.', CNN, November 30, 2006 
|This article about an American businessperson born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|