|This article is an orphan, as no other articles link to it. Please introduce links to this page from ; try the Find link tool for suggestions. (September 2013)|
|Born||Susan Anne Stewart
April 12, 1947
|Occupation||Author and illustrator|
Eldest of Patricia Louise (Smith) and John Patrick Stewart's eight children, Branch grew up in the San Fernando Valley outside of Los Angeles, California. This is chronicled in her 2015 memoir, The Fairy Tale Girl. Her first commercial success manifested in 1978 at the Red Door Gallery in Beverly Hills, California. In 1982, Branch moved from California to the island of Martha's Vineyard off the coast of Massachusetts, a story told in part-two of her memoir, Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams, published in 2016.  In 1986, the first of eleven volumes, Heart of the Home, Notes from a Vineyard Kitchen, was published by Hachette Book Group (then "Little, Brown and Company"). In 1990, Branch's book, Christmas from the Heart of the Home was nominated for the James Beard Award. She lives on Martha's Vineyard with her partner Joe Hall and runs Susan Branch Studios.
Susan's book, A Fine Romance, Falling in Love with the English Countryside(2013), was discussed in an article in Publisher's Weekly both for the velocity of its sales (going into 3rd printing) and how an established author has taken risks by choosing a hybrid publishing route. Her latest book, Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams, currently a New York Times Bestseller, was published by her own imprint, Spring Street Publishing. Her entry into self publishing is discussed in a recent article in Publisher's Weekly.
- Heart of the Home, Notes from a Vineyard Kitchen (1986)
- Vineyard Seasons (1988)
- Christmas from the Heart of the Home (1990)
- Baby Love (1992)
- Love from the Heart of the Home (1994)
- The Summer Book (1995)
- Christmas Joy (1995)
- Days from the Heart of the Home (1996)
- Sweets to the Sweet (1998)
- Girlfriends Forever (2000)
- Christmas Memories (2001)
- Autumn (2004)
- A Fine Romance, Falling in Love with the English Countryside (2013)
- Fairy Tale Girl (2015)
- Martha's Vineyard, Isle of Dreams (2016)
- Driscoll, Kathi Scrizzi (July 11, 1999). "At Home with Susan Branch". Cape Cod Times.
- "Fresh and Simple Year Round Dishes". Miami Herald. January 15, 1987.
- "From New England, Homey Ideas for the Year Round". Philadelphia Inquirer. January 7, 1987.
- Susan Branch, Library of Congress
- Hachette Book Group
- Kuzemchak, Sally (April 19, 2000). "Girlfriends and the Joys of Sharing Everything". Chicago Tribune.
- Doten, Patti (October 30, 1997). "The Darling of Decoration". The Boston Globe.
- Grauerholz, Mary (March 1, 2001). "At Home with Susan Branch". The Boston Globe.
- Not Quite June Cleaver interview, October 2010
- Masello, David (October 2007). "Entertaining in Fall". Country Living Magazine.
- Heart of the Home, Notes from a Vineyard Kitchen, ISBN 0-316-10631-3, ISBN 978-0-316-10631-3
- Hachette Book Group
- Christmas from the Heart of the Home, ISBN 0-316-10638-0, ISBN 978-0-316-10638-2
- James Beard Award
- "Welcome to Heart of the Home". San Luis Obispo Tribune. May 24, 2006.
- Quinn-Szcesuil, Julia (November 2011). "Love's Branching". Cape Cod Home.
- Rosen, Judith. "Susan Branch's Bestseller Pubbed by Hybrid". Publishers Weekly. Publishers Weekly. Retrieved 2013-09-13.
- "New York Times Books, Bestsellers". June 2016.
- "Susan Branch’s 'Fine Romance' with Self-Publishing". Retrieved 2016-06-26.