This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (February 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Dr Susan Doran is a British historian whose primary studies surround the reign of Elizabeth I, in particular the theme of marriage and succession. She has published and edited sixteen books, notably Elizabeth I and Religion, 1558-1603, Monarchy and Matrimony and Queen Elizabeth I, the last part of the British Library's Historic Lives series.
Doran is a Director of Studies for history at Regent's Park College, Oxford and Senior Research Fellow for History at Jesus College, Oxford, where her specific area of interest is Early Modern British and European history. Previously, Doran was a Reader in history and Director of the History Programme at St Mary's College, Strawberry Hill, part of the University of Surrey.
- Elizabeth I and religion, 1558-1603. Routledge. 1994. ISBN 978-0-415-07352-3.
- Monarchy and matrimony: the courtships of Elizabeth I. Routledge. 1996. ISBN 978-0-415-11969-6.
- Elizabeth I and foreign policy, 1558-1603. Routledge. 2000. ISBN 978-0-415-15355-3.
- Queen Elizabeth I. NYU Press. 2003. ISBN 978-0-8147-1957-2.
- Susan Doran, Christopher Durston (2003). Princes, pastors, and people: the Church and religion in England, 1500-1700. Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-20578-8.CS1 maint: Uses authors parameter (link)
- Individual page at Oxford University history faculty
- Dustcover Biography in Monarchy and Matrimony: The Courtships of Elizabeth I By Susan Doran,
|This article about a British historian or genealogist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|