A major contributor to this article appears to have a close connection with its subject. (April 2015) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Known for||Coffee bars, You Can! products|
|Notable work||The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting and Running a Coffee Bar, The Land of I Can|
Susan Gilbert is an American author, publisher, entrepreneur and consultant. Susan is known for her unique marketing campaign and strategy for coffee shops in 1990's. She was called for an interview by CNBC for investing in the coffee bars in the South Korea investment program. Susan has won Writer's Digest Award for Inspirational Category in 2002.
In 1987, Susan opened a coffee bar in the city of San Diego and by the end of decade she owned five coffee shops. She begin writing in 2001 and authored a book, The Land of I Can which became popular in all age groups. Susan saw an early success when she won Writer's Digest Award Winner, Inspirational Category in 2002 and was interviewed with San Diego Union Tribune, Nwitimes, Prevention Magazine, USA Weekend, Inc Magazine, The Times, Friendly Exchange and other news media companies. After that she was called by Linda Formichelli and W. Eric Martin to co-author The Complete Idiot’s Guide to Starting and Running a Coffee Bar with them and it was published in 2004. Susan Gilbert started a consultancy company Online Promotion Success, Inc. headquartered at Issaquah, Washington to help businesses in brand building and promoting them online. Later she introduced a series of inspirational products, called You Can! products. In June 2013, she published a book Klout Score: Social Media Influence”.
- Gilbert, Susan (2001). The land of I can: an adventure in life. San Diego, California: Unity Products & Press. ISBN 9780970018700.
- Gilbert, Susan; Martin, W. Eric; Formichelli, Linda (2005). The Complete Idiot's Guide to starting and running a coffeebar. New York: Penguin, ALPHA, The Complete Idiot's Guide series. ISBN 9781592574063.
- Gilbert, Susan (2013). Klout Score: social media influence, how to gain exposure and increase your Klout. BookBaby. ISBN 9781626758391.
- "Susan Gilbert's journey from coffee shop owner to a business tycoon,". Monroe The Guardian. 26 May 1996. p. 3.
- Brian Tam (15 Aug 2012). "Scent of Coffee on Seoul Buses: What's the Marketing Secret?". CNBC. Retrieved 15 February 2014.
- "수잔 길버트 커피 부문에 투자에 대한 전망". Chungcheong Daily. 11 September 2012.
- "Susan Gilbert called to review investment opportunities in South Korea". The Chronicle. 1. 31 August 2012.
- Susan Gilbert (2001). The Land of I Can: An Adventure in Life. Unity Products & Press. ISBN 0970018703.
- Susan Gilbert; W. Eric Martin; Linda Formichelli (2005). The Complete Idiot's Guide to Starting and Running a Coffee Bar. Alpha. ISBN 1592574068.
- Deirdre O’Shea. "Mining Your Info-Preneurial Spirit". SanDiego Magazine. Retrieved 15 February 2014.