||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dame Susan Glazebrook
|Justice of the Supreme Court|
6 August 2012
|Preceded by||Sir Peter Blanchard|
|Judge of the Court of Appeal|
24 May 2002 – 6 August 2012
|Born||8 February 1956|
Glazebrook has an MA (1st Class Hons), an LLB (Hons) and a DipBus (Finance) from the University of Auckland and a DPhil from the University of Oxford in French legal history. Before being appointed to the High Court in May 2000 she was a partner in law firm Simpson Grierson and a member of various commercial Boards and government advisory committees. She was Research Assistant to the late historian Sir Keith Sinclair.
Glazebrook was appointed a judge of the High Court of New Zealand on 14 December 2000, having served until that time as temporary judge of that court. She was appointed to the Court of Appeal on 24 May 2002.
- "New Appeal Court chief". New Zealand Herald. 14 May 2002. Retrieved 20 December 2010.
- Profile, ipba.org, December 2010; accessed 24 April 2016.
- 2000 "Appointment of temporary Judge made permanent" (30 November 2000) New Zealand Gazette Online 4144, Notice 9736; retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Appointment of Judge of Court of Appeal, the Hon Susan G M Glazebrook" (30 May 2002) New Zealand Gazette Online 1509, Notice 3523; retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Appointment of Judge of the Supreme Court" (2 August 2002) New Zealand Gazette Online 2540, Notice 4855; retrieved 7 August 2012.
- "Queen's Birthday honours list 2014". Department of the Prime Minister and Cabinet. 2 June 2014. Retrieved 24 April 2016.